This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the second day that it was available, I applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Despite being well over 5/24, mercifully I was approved. Ever since, the CSR has been my go-to card for food, entertainment and general travel. The $450 annual fee renewal was painful, but I — like many CSR cardholders — paid for it to continue getting the great benefits of the card.
Now, my card is showing its age. The signature panel is worn out to the point that you can’t see the original signature, and new signatures rub off easily. There are noticeable stripes across the front from being run through magnetic stripe readers. And, the glue holding the front and back card panels to the metal card are separating.
In short, it’s time for this card to be retired. After delaying far too long, today I called the Chase Sapphire Reserve number on the back of the card to check my options. Just two minutes later, a new card was ordered. Here’s the simple process I went through:
- For the Chase Sapphire Reserve, call 1-800-436-7970. If you need to order a different type of card, call the number on the back of your card.
- Wait until you’re connected to a representative.
- Confirm your identity.
- Note that your card is worn out, and you’d like to get a new one.
- Confirm your address for shipment.
That’s it. My representative noted that it’ll take 4-5 business days to arrive. In the meantime, I can continue to use my current beat up card, as it won’t be deactivated until I activate my new card. While I opted to send to my billing address, according to reports on FlyerTalk, Chase may have been willing to send a replacement card to me in Australia.
Not feeling like talking to anyone? You can also order a new card online on Chase’s website. When you’re logged into your Chase account, this link should take you to the “Replace a Card” page.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
SIGN-UP BONUS: 50,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®