The 10 Most Instagrammed Locations of 2017
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve been double-tapping our way through Instagram since 2010 — liking and tagging the most incredible destinations around the world. With each post, we’ve discovered a new sense of wanderlust through some amazing people and places we follow. To commemorate the end of the year, IG has unveiled a list of 2017’s most Instagrammed places around the world. The results? Not too surprising. So if you’re looking to rake in some likes before the new year, consider these 10 most-geotagged locations on the planet.
1. Disneyland, Anaheim, CA
Appropriately deemed the happiest place on Earth, it’s somewhat fitting that Disneyland tops the list as the most geotagged location this year yet again. With 89 classic attractions, Disneyland is relatively smaller than its Florida counterpart. However, it has the distinction of being the only Disney-theme park built and designed by Walt Disney himself. The next time you visit Southern California, be sure to experience the original Magic Kingdom and share a pic of your favorite characters on your IG feed.
2.Times Square, New York, NY
In regards to Insta-travel photography, New York is a go-to destination. In the heart of the big city at the intersection of Broadway and Seventh Avenue, you’ll find the famous Times Square. Packed with the brightest lights and biggest attractions, there’s no surprise that Times Square takes the title as the most Instagrammed location. Be one of the 60 million visitors to take a snapshot of one of the world’s busiest pedestrians areas.
3. Central Park, New York, NY
Another New York City Insta-worthy location is Central Park. The 843-acre stretch of greenery is far beyond your average park partly because it provides the perfect backdrop of statues, lakes, and monuments for the perfect Instagram post. See just how beautiful the city can be at any time of year. During the summertime, take a boat ride across the pond; or go skating in Wollman Rink in the winter and share the pics of just what makes this park the most geotagged park in NYC.
4. Tour Eiffel, Paris, France
It goes without saying that the Eiffel Tower is the most recognizable landmark in Paris. This big, bright beacon is 984 feet tall (1,063 feet if you include the broadcast antennas at the top) and overlooks the City of Lights in all of its wonder. At night, the lights on the tower are turned on, instantly making it an amazing spot for a romantic snap — or for solo travelers to capture the beauty of this monument with a selfie.
5. Tokyo Disney Resort, Tokyo, Japan
Even with five other Disney-themed parks, this Tokyo Disney Resort still draws millions of visitors from around the world and they’re surely posting their pics. The resort, which opened back in 1983, is absolutely magical both in the day and night, so its impossible not to catch a great IG pic.
6. Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Orlando, FL
The ‘gram-worthy magic continues with the Disney Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Florida. This park welcomes more than 20 million visitors and is surely worth the visit and the photo-ops. This theme park is epically Instagrammable for a number of reasons — one of which is the Cinderella castle. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to catch the legendary castle up-close and personal.
7. Musée du Louvre, Paris, France
While many of the pictures snapped are of famous artwork in the Louvre Museum, there’s also a lot of appreciation for the pyramid and palace grounds. Between the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo and the nearby Tuileries Gardens, it’s no wonder the Louvre has been tagged by tourists from all around the world. Visit one of the top museums in the world and catch a one-of-a-kind shot of Paris.
8. Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn, NY
Dubbed the “Eighth Wonder of the World” when it made its debut in 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge is the perfect spot to take in the landscape of downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn. This historic and charming bridge was the first steel-wire suspension bridge in the world; today, it is beloved by everyone from pedestrians to cyclists to Insta-photographers.
9. Disney California Adventure Park, Anaheim, CA
It seems like no trip to California is complete without a visit to Disneyland. The Disney California Adventure Park opened in 2001 and since then, has welcomed more world 17 million visitors and a spot on this list. Whether visitors are posting photos with friends in front of Mickey’s Fun Wheel or sticking to shots of the Red Car Trolley, the possibilities for a great photo-op are endless.
10. Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV
This year, Las Vegas has proven to be a place of resilience and character. Despite the rent tragedy, it is good to see the Las Vegas strip is on the list and we hope it stays there. Thanks to the abundance of hotels and casinos, the Las Vegas Strip completes the top-10 list of Instagrammable places in all of its vibrant glory.
Featured image by Nicolas McComber / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees