Uber Is Giving Its Top Riders Access to a 24/7 Premium Support Line
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber is giving its top customers access to a 24/7 support line. The ride-share service, which has faced heat in recent months for its poor business practices, is now trying to win back both drivers and riders with new leadership and initiatives. As part of that move, it’s now making it easier for some riders to get hold of the company.
As reported by Tech Crunch, Uber is running two support pilot programs for select Uber members, which it’s calling Premium Support. One of the pilot programs it’s testing is a hotline with 24/7 access to speak to an Uber representative. The second pilot program currently being beta tested is in-app support with faster, more personalized service.
For the beta testing, Uber is offering the Premium Support options only to some of its “most frequent riders.” However, Uber isn’t saying if it determines its most frequent riders based off of how much money they’ve spent or how many miles they’ve traveled with the company.
To check to see if you meet Uber’s requirements and have access to Premium Support at this time, open your Uber app and click the Help button on the main menu. Then, check to see if you have a Call Premium Rider Support option. If you do, you’ll then be able to directly call the Premium Support line and talk to an Uber representative. Overall, it appears to be an easy process.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees