Uber Is Giving Its Top Riders Access to a 24/7 Premium Support Line
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber is giving its top customers access to a 24/7 support line. The ride-share service, which has faced heat in recent months for its poor business practices, is now trying to win back both drivers and riders with new leadership and initiatives. As part of that move, it’s now making it easier for some riders to get hold of the company.
As reported by Tech Crunch, Uber is running two support pilot programs for select Uber members, which it’s calling Premium Support. One of the pilot programs it’s testing is a hotline with 24/7 access to speak to an Uber representative. The second pilot program currently being beta tested is in-app support with faster, more personalized service.
For the beta testing, Uber is offering the Premium Support options only to some of its “most frequent riders.” However, Uber isn’t saying if it determines its most frequent riders based off of how much money they’ve spent or how many miles they’ve traveled with the company.
To check to see if you meet Uber’s requirements and have access to Premium Support at this time, open your Uber app and click the Help button on the main menu. Then, check to see if you have a Call Premium Rider Support option. If you do, you’ll then be able to directly call the Premium Support line and talk to an Uber representative. Overall, it appears to be an easy process.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.