This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s some great news if you’re looking to stock up on JetBlue TrueBlue points. The standard sign-up bonus on The JetBlue Plus Card is 30,000 TrueBlue points after spending $1,000 in the first three months. But, there’s currently an offer that will give you double the points as a sign-up bonus.
That’s right, you can score a 60,000 TrueBlue-point sign-up bonus after you spend just $1,000 within the first three months of account opening. Note that the $99 annual fee isn’t waived the first year and you’ll have to pay it before the sign-up bonus will be awarded. This offer is only available for “first-time cardmembers with new accounts only.”
Is the card worth it? If your airport is served by JetBlue, the answer is certainly yes. TPG‘s Nick Ewen extracted $569 of value from the card his first year, and that was with the standard 30,000-point sign-up bonus. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, the 60,000 point sign up bonus would get you at least $780 in free JetBlue flights alone.
Beyond the lucrative sign-up bonus, the JetBlue Plus Card is a no-brainer due to its 6x earning on JetBlue flights, free checked baggage allowance, 10% rebate on award redemptions and 50% savings off in-flight purchases. Plus, an 5,000-point anniversary bonus makes up for two-thirds of the annual fee in future years.
As a data point, I signed up for this offer. The application went to pending, so I called Barclaycard’s reconsideration line (866-408-4064). I was routed directly to an analyst who confirmed some aspects of my application. After a short hold, I was able to be approved immediately by transferring part of my credit line from another Barclaycard credit card account. Shortly later, I received an email confirming the approval:
This is an excellent offer on an already great JetBlue card. With the standard 30,000-point sign-up bonus, this card already provided tons of value. Now, it’s even more of a no-brainer given that the sign-up bonus has been doubled.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Are you going to sign up during this offer?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards