The JetBlue Plus Card is Offering 60,000 Bonus Points for a Limited Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s some great news if you’re looking to stock up on JetBlue TrueBlue points. The standard sign-up bonus on The JetBlue Plus Card is 30,000 TrueBlue points after spending $1,000 in the first three months. But, there’s currently an offer that will give you double the points as a sign-up bonus.
That’s right, you can score a 60,000 TrueBlue-point sign-up bonus after you spend just $1,000 within the first three months of account opening. Note that the $99 annual fee isn’t waived the first year and you’ll have to pay it before the sign-up bonus will be awarded. This offer is only available for “first-time cardmembers with new accounts only.”
Is the card worth it? If your airport is served by JetBlue, the answer is certainly yes. TPG‘s Nick Ewen extracted $569 of value from the card his first year, and that was with the standard 30,000-point sign-up bonus. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, the 60,000 point sign up bonus would get you at least $780 in free JetBlue flights alone.
Beyond the lucrative sign-up bonus, the JetBlue Plus Card is a no-brainer due to its 6x earning on JetBlue flights, free checked baggage allowance, 10% rebate on award redemptions and 50% savings off in-flight purchases. Plus, an 5,000-point anniversary bonus makes up for two-thirds of the annual fee in future years.
As a data point, I signed up for this offer. The application went to pending, so I called Barclaycard’s reconsideration line (866-408-4064). I was routed directly to an analyst who confirmed some aspects of my application. After a short hold, I was able to be approved immediately by transferring part of my credit line from another Barclaycard credit card account. Shortly later, I received an email confirming the approval:
This is an excellent offer on an already great JetBlue card. With the standard 30,000-point sign-up bonus, this card already provided tons of value. Now, it’s even more of a no-brainer given that the sign-up bonus has been doubled.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Are you going to sign up during this offer?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.