This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s some great news if you’re looking to stock up on JetBlue TrueBlue points. The standard sign-up bonus on The JetBlue Plus Card is 30,000 TrueBlue points after spending $1,000 in the first three months. But, there’s currently an offer that will give you double the points as a sign-up bonus.
That’s right, you can score a 60,000 TrueBlue-point sign-up bonus after you spend just $1,000 within the first three months of account opening. Note that the $99 annual fee isn’t waived the first year and you’ll have to pay it before the sign-up bonus will be awarded. This offer is only available for “first-time cardmembers with new accounts only.”
Is the card worth it? If your airport is served by JetBlue, the answer is certainly yes. TPG‘s Nick Ewen extracted $569 of value from the card his first year, and that was with the standard 30,000-point sign-up bonus. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, the 60,000 point sign up bonus would get you at least $780 in free JetBlue flights alone.
Beyond the lucrative sign-up bonus, the JetBlue Plus Card is a no-brainer due to its 6x earning on JetBlue flights, free checked baggage allowance, 10% rebate on award redemptions and 50% savings off in-flight purchases. Plus, an 5,000-point anniversary bonus makes up for two-thirds of the annual fee in future years.
As a data point, I signed up for this offer. The application went to pending, so I called Barclaycard’s reconsideration line (866-408-4064). I was routed directly to an analyst who confirmed some aspects of my application. After a short hold, I was able to be approved immediately by transferring part of my credit line from another Barclaycard credit card account. Shortly later, I received an email confirming the approval:
This is an excellent offer on an already great JetBlue card. With the standard 30,000-point sign-up bonus, this card already provided tons of value. Now, it’s even more of a no-brainer given that the sign-up bonus has been doubled.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Are you going to sign up during this offer?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees