This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For a limited time only, American Express is offering a 25% bonus when you transfer Membership Rewards to JetBlue’s TrueBlue program. Through November 30, 2017, you can transfer your Membership Rewards points to JetBlue at a rate of 250:250 — or 1:1.
To take advantage of the offer, log in to your Amex account and head to the transfer points section of the Membership Rewards page. Ensure that your Amex and JetBlue accounts are linked, and initiate a transfer. Keep in mind that according to the terms and conditions, transfers must be in increments of 250 points and there’s a minimum transfer of 250 points.
As always, we never recommend transferring points speculatively — no matter the program. Once your points have been transferred to a program, there’s no reversing that decision in order to get them back. However, if you’re sitting on a large stash of Amex Membership Rewards points and have some upcoming travel that you could book with JetBlue, this 25% bonus makes now a good time to initiate a transfer.
Keep in mind that JetBlue’s TrueBlue program is revenue-based, so the amount of points needed for a redemption depends on the ticket’s cash price. At best, you’ll be getting a 1:1 ratio on your Membership Rewards to TrueBlue transfer. Even with this 25% transfer bonus, there may be better uses for your Amex points — they’re worth 1.9 cents each compared to TrueBlue’s 1.3 cents apiece according to TPG’s latest valuations.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this transfer bonus, keep in mind that you must do so by November 30, 2017, at 12:00am MT (December 1 at 2:00am ET).
Featured image by Robert Alexander / Getty Images.
H/T: Running With Miles
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards