Limited-Time Only: Transfer Amex Points to JetBlue With a 25% Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For a limited time only, American Express is offering a 25% bonus when you transfer Membership Rewards to JetBlue’s TrueBlue program. Through November 30, 2017, you can transfer your Membership Rewards points to JetBlue at a rate of 250:250 — or 1:1.
To take advantage of the offer, log in to your Amex account and head to the transfer points section of the Membership Rewards page. Ensure that your Amex and JetBlue accounts are linked, and initiate a transfer. Keep in mind that according to the terms and conditions, transfers must be in increments of 250 points and there’s a minimum transfer of 250 points.
As always, we never recommend transferring points speculatively — no matter the program. Once your points have been transferred to a program, there’s no reversing that decision in order to get them back. However, if you’re sitting on a large stash of Amex Membership Rewards points and have some upcoming travel that you could book with JetBlue, this 25% bonus makes now a good time to initiate a transfer.
Keep in mind that JetBlue’s TrueBlue program is revenue-based, so the amount of points needed for a redemption depends on the ticket’s cash price. At best, you’ll be getting a 1:1 ratio on your Membership Rewards to TrueBlue transfer. Even with this 25% transfer bonus, there may be better uses for your Amex points — they’re worth 1.9 cents each compared to TrueBlue’s 1.3 cents apiece according to TPG’s latest valuations.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this transfer bonus, keep in mind that you must do so by November 30, 2017, at 12:00am MT (December 1 at 2:00am ET).
Featured image by Robert Alexander / Getty Images.
H/T: Running With Miles
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees