Earn 1,000 Free Marriott Rewards Points With Just One Tweet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott has been stepping up its social media game as of late. Today the hotel chain has introduced a Twitter campaign it’s calling “Extra Point Sundays,” centered around its partnership with the National Football League. Just answer a bit of football trivia and you can earn 1,000 Marriott Rewards points for providing the correct response.
If you don’t know the answer, here’s a hint — you can click on the responses to Marriott’s tweet and see where others have replied with the correct answer.
When you tweet the answer, don’t forget to include the hashtag #RewardsPoints as the promotion requires, and remember that in order to get the points properly credited, you’ll need to connect your Twitter account to your Marriott Rewards account before tweeting. You can connect your Twitter account at this page and you’ll even earn an additional 250 points for doing so. If you want to pick up more Marriott points, you’ll find options on that same page for connecting your Facebook and Instagram accounts at 250 points each, and you can even earn extra points for following Marriott on Twitter and Instagram.
TPG currently values Marriott Rewards points at 0.9 cents apiece, so 1,000 Marriott points is worth $9. That’s actually a pretty solid return for just one tweet, though unfortunately points earned via social activity don’t count toward resetting the expiration clock on Marriott points.
Marriott recently changed its rules to allow customers to earn up to 45,000 bonus points per year solely via social media, up from a paltry 2,500, so clearly we can expect to see more promotions like this one. But in the immediate future, it would appear Marriott intends for “Extra Point Sundays” to run through most if not all of the NFL season, so look for more opportunities to earn Marriott points each week for the foreseeable future.
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
This post has been updated to note the rules on extending expiring Marriott points with social media activities.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.