This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott has been stepping up its social media game as of late. Today the hotel chain has introduced a Twitter campaign it’s calling “Extra Point Sundays,” centered around its partnership with the National Football League. Just answer a bit of football trivia and you can earn 1,000 Marriott Rewards points for providing the correct response.
If you don’t know the answer, here’s a hint — you can click on the responses to Marriott’s tweet and see where others have replied with the correct answer.
When you tweet the answer, don’t forget to include the hashtag #RewardsPoints as the promotion requires, and remember that in order to get the points properly credited, you’ll need to connect your Twitter account to your Marriott Rewards account before tweeting. You can connect your Twitter account at this page and you’ll even earn an additional 250 points for doing so. If you want to pick up more Marriott points, you’ll find options on that same page for connecting your Facebook and Instagram accounts at 250 points each, and you can even earn extra points for following Marriott on Twitter and Instagram.
TPG currently values Marriott Rewards points at 0.9 cents apiece, so 1,000 Marriott points is worth $9. That’s actually a pretty solid return for just one tweet, though unfortunately points earned via social activity don’t count toward resetting the expiration clock on Marriott points.
Marriott recently changed its rules to allow customers to earn up to 45,000 bonus points per year solely via social media, up from a paltry 2,500, so clearly we can expect to see more promotions like this one. But in the immediate future, it would appear Marriott intends for “Extra Point Sundays” to run through most if not all of the NFL season, so look for more opportunities to earn Marriott points each week for the foreseeable future.
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
This post has been updated to note the rules on extending expiring Marriott points with social media activities.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees