Earn 1,000 Free Marriott Rewards Points With Just One Tweet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott has been stepping up its social media game as of late. Today the hotel chain has introduced a Twitter campaign it’s calling “Extra Point Sundays,” centered around its partnership with the National Football League. Just answer a bit of football trivia and you can earn 1,000 Marriott Rewards points for providing the correct response.
If you don’t know the answer, here’s a hint — you can click on the responses to Marriott’s tweet and see where others have replied with the correct answer.
When you tweet the answer, don’t forget to include the hashtag #RewardsPoints as the promotion requires, and remember that in order to get the points properly credited, you’ll need to connect your Twitter account to your Marriott Rewards account before tweeting. You can connect your Twitter account at this page and you’ll even earn an additional 250 points for doing so. If you want to pick up more Marriott points, you’ll find options on that same page for connecting your Facebook and Instagram accounts at 250 points each, and you can even earn extra points for following Marriott on Twitter and Instagram.
TPG currently values Marriott Rewards points at 0.9 cents apiece, so 1,000 Marriott points is worth $9. That’s actually a pretty solid return for just one tweet, though unfortunately points earned via social activity don’t count toward resetting the expiration clock on Marriott points.
Marriott recently changed its rules to allow customers to earn up to 45,000 bonus points per year solely via social media, up from a paltry 2,500, so clearly we can expect to see more promotions like this one. But in the immediate future, it would appear Marriott intends for “Extra Point Sundays” to run through most if not all of the NFL season, so look for more opportunities to earn Marriott points each week for the foreseeable future.
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
This post has been updated to note the rules on extending expiring Marriott points with social media activities.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees