This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 8/3/17: You can now register for this promotion here.
Earlier this summer, Marriott officially unveiled its #MRPoints program that rewards customers with points for interacting with the brand on Instagram and Twitter. Today, the hotel chain announced a few changes, including a new name for the program: #RewardsPoints.
In addition to tweaking the branding for its social media rewards promos, Marriott’s upping the maximum number of points you can earn through #RewardsPoints each year: Previously it was capped at a mere 2,500, and now you can earn up to 45,000 points.
Earning 45,000 points through interactions with Marriott on social media would take a lot of time and effort across the various platforms, but the brand’s also increasing the number of points you’ll earn for connecting your social accounts to your Marriott Rewards account. Now, you’ll earn 750 points for connecting your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts (250 per account; previously you could only earn 50 per account for a total of 150 points). Plus, you’ll now earn 250 points for following Marriott on Instagram and Twitter.
Overall, this is good news for Marriott Rewards members who are active on social media and are willing to interact with the brand to boost their account balance. Marriott said it will be launching three to four campaigns (that offer users the opportunity to earn points) per month, so make sure to follow the chain on social media if you want to leverage #MRPoints.
Featured image courtesy of the Marriott Bangkok.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards