This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 8/3/17: You can now register for this promotion here.
Earlier this summer, Marriott officially unveiled its #MRPoints program that rewards customers with points for interacting with the brand on Instagram and Twitter. Today, the hotel chain announced a few changes, including a new name for the program: #RewardsPoints.
In addition to tweaking the branding for its social media rewards promos, Marriott’s upping the maximum number of points you can earn through #RewardsPoints each year: Previously it was capped at a mere 2,500, and now you can earn up to 45,000 points.
Earning 45,000 points through interactions with Marriott on social media would take a lot of time and effort across the various platforms, but the brand’s also increasing the number of points you’ll earn for connecting your social accounts to your Marriott Rewards account. Now, you’ll earn 750 points for connecting your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts (250 per account; previously you could only earn 50 per account for a total of 150 points). Plus, you’ll now earn 250 points for following Marriott on Instagram and Twitter.
Overall, this is good news for Marriott Rewards members who are active on social media and are willing to interact with the brand to boost their account balance. Marriott said it will be launching three to four campaigns (that offer users the opportunity to earn points) per month, so make sure to follow the chain on social media if you want to leverage #MRPoints.
Featured image courtesy of the Marriott Bangkok.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees