You Can Now Earn Up to 45k Points Per Year By Interacting With Marriott on Social Media
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 8/3/17: You can now register for this promotion here.
Earlier this summer, Marriott officially unveiled its #MRPoints program that rewards customers with points for interacting with the brand on Instagram and Twitter. Today, the hotel chain announced a few changes, including a new name for the program: #RewardsPoints.
In addition to tweaking the branding for its social media rewards promos, Marriott’s upping the maximum number of points you can earn through #RewardsPoints each year: Previously it was capped at a mere 2,500, and now you can earn up to 45,000 points.
Earning 45,000 points through interactions with Marriott on social media would take a lot of time and effort across the various platforms, but the brand’s also increasing the number of points you’ll earn for connecting your social accounts to your Marriott Rewards account. Now, you’ll earn 750 points for connecting your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts (250 per account; previously you could only earn 50 per account for a total of 150 points). Plus, you’ll now earn 250 points for following Marriott on Instagram and Twitter.
Overall, this is good news for Marriott Rewards members who are active on social media and are willing to interact with the brand to boost their account balance. Marriott said it will be launching three to four campaigns (that offer users the opportunity to earn points) per month, so make sure to follow the chain on social media if you want to leverage #MRPoints.
Featured image courtesy of the Marriott Bangkok.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees