This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 8/3/17: You can now register for this promotion here.
Earlier this summer, Marriott officially unveiled its #MRPoints program that rewards customers with points for interacting with the brand on Instagram and Twitter. Today, the hotel chain announced a few changes, including a new name for the program: #RewardsPoints.
In addition to tweaking the branding for its social media rewards promos, Marriott’s upping the maximum number of points you can earn through #RewardsPoints each year: Previously it was capped at a mere 2,500, and now you can earn up to 45,000 points.
Earning 45,000 points through interactions with Marriott on social media would take a lot of time and effort across the various platforms, but the brand’s also increasing the number of points you’ll earn for connecting your social accounts to your Marriott Rewards account. Now, you’ll earn 750 points for connecting your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts (250 per account; previously you could only earn 50 per account for a total of 150 points). Plus, you’ll now earn 250 points for following Marriott on Instagram and Twitter.
Overall, this is good news for Marriott Rewards members who are active on social media and are willing to interact with the brand to boost their account balance. Marriott said it will be launching three to four campaigns (that offer users the opportunity to earn points) per month, so make sure to follow the chain on social media if you want to leverage #MRPoints.
Featured image courtesy of the Marriott Bangkok.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees