This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s no denying the allure of Cuba; long before Ernest Hemingway, travelers made their way to the Caribbean island for fun and exploration. Before Havana became frozen in time — and during the height of Prohibition — tourism was booming.
In 1927, Pan American Airways made its first trip to Cuba from Key West, delivering mail no less, and soon began regular service for passengers. In this throwback photo from 1927, we see a Pan Am Ford Trimotor plane — one of 199 that were made — readied for a trip to Havana from Miami. The Tin Goose, as it was nicknamed, could carry up to 10 passengers at a time, and sadly only a few remain today.
Image by Underwood Archives/Getty Images.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that