This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s no denying the allure of Cuba; long before Ernest Hemingway, travelers made their way to the Caribbean island for fun and exploration. Before Havana became frozen in time — and during the height of Prohibition — tourism was booming.
In 1927, Pan American Airways made its first trip to Cuba from Key West, delivering mail no less, and soon began regular service for passengers. In this throwback photo from 1927, we see a Pan Am Ford Trimotor plane — one of 199 that were made — readied for a trip to Havana from Miami. The Tin Goose, as it was nicknamed, could carry up to 10 passengers at a time, and sadly only a few remain today.
Image by Underwood Archives/Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards