Trump Hotels Chain Hit by Credit Card Data Breach
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fourteen Trump Hotels properties suffered a data breach that may have exposed guests’ names, addresses and credit card information to hackers between August 2016 and March 2017, according to a notice posted on the luxury hotel chain’s website. The breach is the latest in a string of recent hacks to have impacted hoteliers including IHG and other properties operated by major chains. This is the third time in three years that Trump-branded properties have been affected, according to The Washington Post.
Hackers were able to gain access to the hotels’ reservation booking system run by Sabre Hospitality Solutions, the notice states, though Trump Hotels’ proprietary systems were not breached. Sabre notified Trump Hotels of the incident on June 5, 2017 after conducting an investigation into the breach, the notice reads.
Here’s a full list of affected properties:
Remember that you aren’t responsible for unauthorized charges on your card. You should consider requesting a replacement card if you visited any of these properties during the time that the breach was active.
Were you affected by this recent Trump Hotels credit card data breach?
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
H/T: The Washington Post
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees