Trump Hotels Chain Hit by Credit Card Data Breach
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fourteen Trump Hotels properties suffered a data breach that may have exposed guests’ names, addresses and credit card information to hackers between August 2016 and March 2017, according to a notice posted on the luxury hotel chain’s website. The breach is the latest in a string of recent hacks to have impacted hoteliers including IHG and other properties operated by major chains. This is the third time in three years that Trump-branded properties have been affected, according to The Washington Post.
Hackers were able to gain access to the hotels’ reservation booking system run by Sabre Hospitality Solutions, the notice states, though Trump Hotels’ proprietary systems were not breached. Sabre notified Trump Hotels of the incident on June 5, 2017 after conducting an investigation into the breach, the notice reads.
Here’s a full list of affected properties:
Remember that you aren’t responsible for unauthorized charges on your card. You should consider requesting a replacement card if you visited any of these properties during the time that the breach was active.
Were you affected by this recent Trump Hotels credit card data breach?
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
H/T: The Washington Post
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.