Travel Photos May Make Your Online Dating Profile More Appealing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers searching for love, fear not. With nothing more than a camera and a plane ticket to somewhere special, you may be able to turn your mobile dating profile into pure gold. At least that’s the takeaway of a new study about dating experiences released this week by relationship app, Hinge.
The app studied 180,000 user-uploaded photographs to determine whether certain factors, like travel, impact how users interacted. Turns out they do — and in a big way. Travel photos received 30% more likes than the average user photo, despite the travel photo category making up a mere 3.4% of all user photos.
The study revealed that where those travel photos were taken had a pretty big impact, too. Women’s photos in Maui and Santorini received 60% and 93% more likes than the average photo, respectively, while men’s photos from Portland and Munich got 56% and a whopping 210% more. Travel photos also played into conversation starters among women, who were 33% more likely to initiate a conversation over travel photos than their male counterparts.
“Since it’s summer and people are busy traveling, we were curious to know if our members connected more or less over travel photos,” Jean-Marie McGrath, Hinge’s Director of Communications, said in a press release. “We found that travel photos were extremely rare but highly effective — confirming that our members should share the awesome travel experiences they’re having with their connections.”
And for those of us who can’t globe-trot at the moment, there’s always the Delta dating wall.
Featured images of user profiles courtesy of Hinge.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees