Travel Photos May Make Your Online Dating Profile More Appealing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers searching for love, fear not. With nothing more than a camera and a plane ticket to somewhere special, you may be able to turn your mobile dating profile into pure gold. At least that’s the takeaway of a new study about dating experiences released this week by relationship app, Hinge.
The app studied 180,000 user-uploaded photographs to determine whether certain factors, like travel, impact how users interacted. Turns out they do — and in a big way. Travel photos received 30% more likes than the average user photo, despite the travel photo category making up a mere 3.4% of all user photos.
The study revealed that where those travel photos were taken had a pretty big impact, too. Women’s photos in Maui and Santorini received 60% and 93% more likes than the average photo, respectively, while men’s photos from Portland and Munich got 56% and a whopping 210% more. Travel photos also played into conversation starters among women, who were 33% more likely to initiate a conversation over travel photos than their male counterparts.
“Since it’s summer and people are busy traveling, we were curious to know if our members connected more or less over travel photos,” Jean-Marie McGrath, Hinge’s Director of Communications, said in a press release. “We found that travel photos were extremely rare but highly effective — confirming that our members should share the awesome travel experiences they’re having with their connections.”
And for those of us who can’t globe-trot at the moment, there’s always the Delta dating wall.
Featured images of user profiles courtesy of Hinge.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.