JetBlue Details New Lie-Flat Mint Flights From Boston and NYC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Nope, these aren’t the rumored flights to Europe — not yet, at least — but JetBlue just announced another big Mint expansion within the US. Once these new flights begin, the airline will operate lie-flat business-class seats on more than 80 flights each day. And that’s before launching service outside North America.
In addition to previously announced service from New York (JFK) and Boston (BOS) to Seattle (SEA), JetBlue just shared plans for two daily round-trip Mint flights between Boston and Las Vegas (LAS). Additionally, we now have more details on the aforementioned Seattle service.
Below is JetBlue’s updated Mint route map, which includes the new service launching next year:
New JetBlue Mint Routes
Boston (BOS) to/from Las Vegas (LAS), launching January 4, 2018:
- B61077 Boston (BOS) 7:10am Departure ⇒ Las Vegas (LAS) 10:22am Arrival
- B6177 Boston (BOS) 8:50pm Departure ⇒ Las Vegas (LAS) 11:52pm Arrival
- B61078 Las Vegas (LAS) 7:45am Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 3:44pm Arrival
- B6178 Las Vegas (LAS) 11:32am Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 7:31pm Arrival
Boston (BOS) to/from Seattle (SEA), launching February 15, 2018:
- B6597 Boston (BOS) 8:56am Departure ⇒ Seattle (SEA) 12:18pm Arrival
- B6197 Boston (BOS) 7:22pm Departure ⇒ Seattle (SEA) 10:46pm Arrival
- B6598 Seattle (SEA) 1:29pm Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 9:47pm Arrival
- B6498 Seattle (SEA) 11:56pm Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 8:11am (+1) Arrival
New York (JFK) to/from Seattle (SEA), launching April 15, 2018:
- B6263 New York (JFK) 10:42am Departure ⇒ Seattle (SEA) 1:58pm Arrival
- B6264 Seattle (SEA) 3:08pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 11:30pm Arrival
Flying JetBlue Mint
TPG has repeatedly stated that JetBlue Mint is his favorite domestic business class — and it seems to be a reader favorite as well. JetBlue’s Mint-equipped Airbus A321s are modern and fresh, with passenger favorites like live TV and speedy free Wi-Fi within the US.
But Mint passengers get many extra perks, most of which are unmatched by the competition, including closable suites, tapas-style catering (with food you’ll actually be excited to eat) and some of the most competitive transcon fares in the biz. In fact, JetBlue’s fares are so reasonable that they motivated an industry-wide shift, with other carriers now matching JetBlue’s pricing.
For more on the Mint experience, see:
- 5 Reasons Why JetBlue Mint is the Best Domestic Business Class
- Review: JetBlue Mint — New York (JFK) to San Francisco
JetBlue’s Mint expansion isn’t just good news for the airline’s customers — American, Delta and United are likely feeling pressure to expand lie-flat service themselves, as United has most recently done in Boston. Additionally, with JetBlue’s transcon fares frequently priced at $599 each way (or less), other airlines have dropped their fares to match or in some cases even undercut JetBlue’s pricing. Take JetBlue’s new Boston-Seattle flight, for example:
Delta, which operates 737s with recliner seats on this route, is forced to undercut JetBlue’s lie-flat business-class fares, which are still quite reasonable for a one-way transcon, all things considered.
If these new routes make you more likely to fly JetBlue, don’t forget to sign up for the airline’s new status match/challenge program, and consider adding the JetBlue Plus Card, which can offer value that far exceeds the $99 annual fee.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees