Money-Saving HotelTonight App Launches ‘Upgrade Your Stay’ Option
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
HotelTonight is one of the best ways to save some money on last-minute hotel stays. With it, you can book hotel rooms at sometimes tremendously discounted rates. And every time you book, you earn points toward its new rewards program, HT perks. One thing that’s always been lacking with the app, however, is the option to opt for a room beyond the most basic option. Now, you can choose to upgrade your room.
HotelTonight launched the upgrade feature in the app for select properties. With it, you can choose either the basic option or the upgraded room option, which will also be offered at a discounted rate. If you’ve selected a property with an upgrade option, you’ll see the an icon appear that says “Upgrade your stay.” The app will then give you details about the upgrade type, which you’ll be able to examine before completing your booking.
If you’d rather only see the properties with upgrade rooms available, you can search the city and the word “upgrade.” For example, if you wanted to search only for properties with upgrades in San Diego, you would search “San Diego upgrade” in the search bar.
Overall, it’s a pretty simple process, allowing you to choose whether or not you want to opt for a better room on your next stay. It’s nice this option is coming from HotelTonight, too, since it’ll offer the rooms at a discounted rate. If you don’t yet have a HotelTonight account, you can sign up and get a $25 credit on your first stay by using promo code BKELLY99 when you sign up.
Featured image of the Gramercy Park Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees