Money-Saving HotelTonight App Launches ‘Upgrade Your Stay’ Option
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
HotelTonight is one of the best ways to save some money on last-minute hotel stays. With it, you can book hotel rooms at sometimes tremendously discounted rates. And every time you book, you earn points toward its new rewards program, HT perks. One thing that’s always been lacking with the app, however, is the option to opt for a room beyond the most basic option. Now, you can choose to upgrade your room.
HotelTonight launched the upgrade feature in the app for select properties. With it, you can choose either the basic option or the upgraded room option, which will also be offered at a discounted rate. If you’ve selected a property with an upgrade option, you’ll see the an icon appear that says “Upgrade your stay.” The app will then give you details about the upgrade type, which you’ll be able to examine before completing your booking.
If you’d rather only see the properties with upgrade rooms available, you can search the city and the word “upgrade.” For example, if you wanted to search only for properties with upgrades in San Diego, you would search “San Diego upgrade” in the search bar.
Overall, it’s a pretty simple process, allowing you to choose whether or not you want to opt for a better room on your next stay. It’s nice this option is coming from HotelTonight, too, since it’ll offer the rooms at a discounted rate. If you don’t yet have a HotelTonight account, you can sign up and get a $25 credit on your first stay by using promo code BKELLY99 when you sign up.
Featured image of the Gramercy Park Hotel.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee