Money-Saving HotelTonight App Launches ‘Upgrade Your Stay’ Option
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
HotelTonight is one of the best ways to save some money on last-minute hotel stays. With it, you can book hotel rooms at sometimes tremendously discounted rates. And every time you book, you earn points toward its new rewards program, HT perks. One thing that’s always been lacking with the app, however, is the option to opt for a room beyond the most basic option. Now, you can choose to upgrade your room.
HotelTonight launched the upgrade feature in the app for select properties. With it, you can choose either the basic option or the upgraded room option, which will also be offered at a discounted rate. If you’ve selected a property with an upgrade option, you’ll see the an icon appear that says “Upgrade your stay.” The app will then give you details about the upgrade type, which you’ll be able to examine before completing your booking.
If you’d rather only see the properties with upgrade rooms available, you can search the city and the word “upgrade.” For example, if you wanted to search only for properties with upgrades in San Diego, you would search “San Diego upgrade” in the search bar.
Overall, it’s a pretty simple process, allowing you to choose whether or not you want to opt for a better room on your next stay. It’s nice this option is coming from HotelTonight, too, since it’ll offer the rooms at a discounted rate. If you don’t yet have a HotelTonight account, you can sign up and get a $25 credit on your first stay by using promo code BKELLY99 when you sign up.
Featured image of the Gramercy Park Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.