Money-Saving HotelTonight App Launches ‘Upgrade Your Stay’ Option
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
HotelTonight is one of the best ways to save some money on last-minute hotel stays. With it, you can book hotel rooms at sometimes tremendously discounted rates. And every time you book, you earn points toward its new rewards program, HT perks. One thing that’s always been lacking with the app, however, is the option to opt for a room beyond the most basic option. Now, you can choose to upgrade your room.
HotelTonight launched the upgrade feature in the app for select properties. With it, you can choose either the basic option or the upgraded room option, which will also be offered at a discounted rate. If you’ve selected a property with an upgrade option, you’ll see the an icon appear that says “Upgrade your stay.” The app will then give you details about the upgrade type, which you’ll be able to examine before completing your booking.
If you’d rather only see the properties with upgrade rooms available, you can search the city and the word “upgrade.” For example, if you wanted to search only for properties with upgrades in San Diego, you would search “San Diego upgrade” in the search bar.
Overall, it’s a pretty simple process, allowing you to choose whether or not you want to opt for a better room on your next stay. It’s nice this option is coming from HotelTonight, too, since it’ll offer the rooms at a discounted rate. If you don’t yet have a HotelTonight account, you can sign up and get a $25 credit on your first stay by using promo code BKELLY99 when you sign up.
Featured image of the Gramercy Park Hotel.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.