EgyptAir and Royal Air Maroc the Latest to Be Exempt From Electronics Ban
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today was a busy day for the electronics ban, as we learned that both EgyptAir and Royal Air Maroc will be removed from the list. For those counting, that means that all of the nine airlines that were required by the US Department of Homeland Security have implemented (or will implement) the enhanced security procedures. After Royal Air Maroc is exempted tomorrow, only Saudia will be subjected to the ban, though it’s been reported that it will be exempted as of July 19.
As of today, the electronics ban has been lifted for EgyptAir flights from Cairo (CAI) to New York (JFK). However, the electronics ban is still in place for EgyptAir flights from CAI to London (LHR).
— EGYPTAIR (@EGYPTAIR) July 12, 2017
We also learned that Royal Air Maroc will be exempt from the electronics ban on flights from Casablanca (CMN) to JFK beginning tomorrow, July 13.
— Royal Air Maroc (@RAM_Maroc) July 12, 2017
Currently, only Saudia hasn’t implemented the enhanced security screening procedures at either of its two airports that offer nonstop service to the US — King Khalid International Airport (RUH) in Riyadh and King Abdul-Aziz International Airport (JED) in Jeddah. If Saudia is, in fact, exempted on July 19, all nine airlines will no longer be forced to require passengers to check their large electronics devices in the cargo hold.
Featured image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees