Transfer Citi ThankYou Points to Hilton With a 33% Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
Part of what makes transferable currencies so valuable is their flexibility — your points aren’t trapped in just one program. Even better, sometimes airlines and hotels partner with transferable point programs to offer a transfer bonus.
We just learned about a new transfer bonus that’s appealing for those looking to top off their Hilton Honors account. Now through September 20, get a 33% bonus when transferring Citi ThankYou Points to Hilton Honors. Instead of the standard 1 to 1.5 transfer rate, you’ll get 2,000 Honors points for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou Points you transfer.
Citi ThankYou Point earning cards include:
- Citi Prestige Card (sign-up bonus: 40,000 points for $4,000 spend)
- Citi Premier® Card
- Citi ThankYou Preferred Card (sign-up bonus: 15,000 points for $1,000 spend)
- Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students (sign-up bonus: 2,500 points for $500 spend)
- AT&T Access Card From Citi (sign-up bonus: 10,000 points for $1,000 spend)
Is It Worth It?
In TPG’s latest valuations, Citi ThankYou points are pegged at 1.6 cents each — although you can get even more value by transferring to airline programs. Meanwhile, Hilton Honors points have around 0.6 cents of value per point. So, even at the improved 1:2 transfer ratio, you can expect to lose out on some value.
That said, this transfer bonus is ideal for those with orphaned Honors points. If you’re in this spot, you can utilize this transfer bonus to top off your Hilton account so you can redeem for an award. And, there are some great ways to get value from your Hilton points at both high and low levels. Category 1 Hilton hotels start at just 5,000 points per night — equivalent to 2,500 ThankYou Points per night with this transfer bonus.
Another way of stocking up on Hilton Honors points is by opening a new credit card. You can currently get 100,000 Hilton points via the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express after spending $3,000 in the first three months. Unfortunately, the Citi Hilton Honors card is no longer accepting applications.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this offer, there are some terms to keep in mind: The transfer from Citi ThankYou Points to Hilton isn’t immediate, but you can expect the have the points hit your Hilton account sometime within 24 hours. Keep in mind that Citi only promises that the points “will be posted to your Hilton Honors Member Account within 3 business days.”
Transfers must be made in increments of 1,000 ThankYou Points. In case you’re sitting on a stockpile of ThankYou Points, there’s no maximum to the number of points that you can transfer to earn the bonus, but there’s a cap of 500,000 points per transaction.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
Featured image courtesy of the Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.