Transfer Citi ThankYou Points to Hilton With a 33% Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
Part of what makes transferable currencies so valuable is their flexibility — your points aren’t trapped in just one program. Even better, sometimes airlines and hotels partner with transferable point programs to offer a transfer bonus.
We just learned about a new transfer bonus that’s appealing for those looking to top off their Hilton Honors account. Now through September 20, get a 33% bonus when transferring Citi ThankYou Points to Hilton Honors. Instead of the standard 1 to 1.5 transfer rate, you’ll get 2,000 Honors points for every 1,000 Citi ThankYou Points you transfer.
Citi ThankYou Point earning cards include:
- Citi Prestige Card (sign-up bonus: 40,000 points for $4,000 spend)
- Citi Premier® Card
- Citi ThankYou Preferred Card (sign-up bonus: 15,000 points for $1,000 spend)
- Citi ThankYou Preferred Card for College Students (sign-up bonus: 2,500 points for $500 spend)
- AT&T Access Card From Citi (sign-up bonus: 10,000 points for $1,000 spend)
Is It Worth It?
In TPG’s latest valuations, Citi ThankYou points are pegged at 1.6 cents each — although you can get even more value by transferring to airline programs. Meanwhile, Hilton Honors points have around 0.6 cents of value per point. So, even at the improved 1:2 transfer ratio, you can expect to lose out on some value.
That said, this transfer bonus is ideal for those with orphaned Honors points. If you’re in this spot, you can utilize this transfer bonus to top off your Hilton account so you can redeem for an award. And, there are some great ways to get value from your Hilton points at both high and low levels. Category 1 Hilton hotels start at just 5,000 points per night — equivalent to 2,500 ThankYou Points per night with this transfer bonus.
Another way of stocking up on Hilton Honors points is by opening a new credit card. You can currently get 100,000 Hilton points via the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express after spending $3,000 in the first three months. Unfortunately, the Citi Hilton Honors card is no longer accepting applications.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this offer, there are some terms to keep in mind: The transfer from Citi ThankYou Points to Hilton isn’t immediate, but you can expect the have the points hit your Hilton account sometime within 24 hours. Keep in mind that Citi only promises that the points “will be posted to your Hilton Honors Member Account within 3 business days.”
Transfers must be made in increments of 1,000 ThankYou Points. In case you’re sitting on a stockpile of ThankYou Points, there’s no maximum to the number of points that you can transfer to earn the bonus, but there’s a cap of 500,000 points per transaction.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
Featured image courtesy of the Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees