Wyndham Rewards and Total Rewards Launch Partnership, Including Status Match
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/5/17: Wyndham’s match website is now live as well, so head to this page to request your instant status boost.
Today we learned of some big news coming from Wyndham Rewards and Total Rewards, the loyalty program from Caesars Entertainment. The two programs announced today that they’re partnering together to offer members a complimentary status match, access to redeem for free nights at each other’s properties and more.
A post shared by @ZachHonig (@zachhonig) on
The announcement was made today, and effective tomorrow, Wyndham Rewards and Total Rewards members can match their status to the opposite program. Platinum Total Rewards members will be matched to Platinum in Wyndham Rewards, and both Seven Stars members (TR’s highest level of status) and Diamond members will match to Diamond status in the Wyndham program. If you do match your status, you’ll have to verify the match each calendar year, and in order to be a Total Rewards member, you must be at least 21 years old.
Here’s a look at what the Platinum and Diamond members get in the Wyndham Rewards program:
And here’s what Platinum and Diamond members get with the Total Rewards program, including cruise discounts, the Atlantis four-night package and lounge access for Diamond status holders:
Launching later this year, members will also be able to transfer their points between the two programs at a 1:1 ratio. There’s a maximum of 30,000 points that you can transfer in each direction per year. With the Wyndham Rewards program, you can get a Go Free redemption for 15,000 points for standard rooms, or a Go Fast redemption for 3,000 points and cash. Meaning, you can choose to redeem 15,000 points per night at Total Rewards hotels, including Caesars.
Redemptions will be based on availability and are available at all US and Canada properties. If you book a stay at a Total Rewards property through Wyndham, you’ll get points and elite credits as well as Total Rewards points. However, if you do that, you won’t be able to take advantage of the discounts Total Rewards may offer when you book directly. A Wyndham representative said that there should be great availability, but there will be some capacity control restrictions. For example, during CES when rates are sky high.
As a reminder, here are the Total Rewards properties in Las Vegas:
- Nobu Hotel at Caesars Palace
- The Cromwell Las Vegas
- Bally’s Las Vegas
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Harrah’s Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
- Paris Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
This news comes just a couple of months after Starwood announced that it was ending its relationship with Total Rewards. Now, Wyndham Rewards members will be able to take advantage of the partnership between the two. Also, this news now means that being a FoundersCard member will earn you both complimentary Diamond status from Total Rewards and therefore Diamond status from Wyndham Rewards when you match your status for free.
Set to launch this July is Wyndham’s newest redemption option, Wyndham Auctions. There will be a mix of once-in-a-lifetime auctions with everyday offerings. For example, two tickets and a parking pass at Six Flags. All of the Wyndham Auctions will be true auctions — no fixed price redemptions.
This is great news for both Total Rewards and Wyndham Rewards members, as the two programs will now offer even more ways to take advantage of status and each program’s property portfolio. Also, it’s incredibly easy to get Diamond status from both programs just for being a FoundersCard member. With redemptions at just 15,000 Wyndham points per night, including for stays at Total Rewards properties, there could be plenty of value to be had with this partnership.
Featured image courtesy of Maximillian M?ller via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees