This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Usually, you’d want to avoid New York’s Penn Station at all costs, but here’s a reason you may actually want to go — you’ll be able to enroll in Global Entry there for a limited time. It’s a must-have for travelers, even if you only go abroad a couple of times a year. With it, you’ll get expedited access back into the US, bypassing the “normal” immigration line and the long wait times that usually come with it. In most cases, you apply online and then have an in-person interview before you can be approved as a Global Entry traveler.
From June 26 through July 28, 2017, you’ll be able to go to the United Airlines Ticketing Office in Penn Station and enroll. Here’s how the process works in order to get approved at Penn Station:
- Fill out the Global Entry application online
- If you’re conditionally approved, you’ll schedule your interview through the GOES system
- Search for United16 to schedule your interview appointment at United’s Ticketing Office in Penn Station
United is offering in-person appointments in Penn Station Mondays through Fridays from 8:00am to 4:00pm. If approved, you’ll be able to add your nine-digit PASS ID number to all of your frequent flyer profiles, giving you both TSA PreCheck and Global Entry access.
As a reminder, there are several credit cards that will give you a fee credit in order to get Global Entry for free. For example, the Platinum Card from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Citi Prestige all come with a Global Entry fee credit, meaning you could get the service for free. If you’re based in or around New York and don’t yet have Global Entry, it could be worth making your way over to Penn Station in the coming weeks to get approved.
H/T: Michael W Travels
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel