Get Global Entry at New York’s Penn Station for a Limited Time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Usually, you’d want to avoid New York’s Penn Station at all costs, but here’s a reason you may actually want to go — you’ll be able to enroll in Global Entry there for a limited time. It’s a must-have for travelers, even if you only go abroad a couple of times a year. With it, you’ll get expedited access back into the US, bypassing the “normal” immigration line and the long wait times that usually come with it. In most cases, you apply online and then have an in-person interview before you can be approved as a Global Entry traveler.
From June 26 through July 28, 2017, you’ll be able to go to the United Airlines Ticketing Office in Penn Station and enroll. Here’s how the process works in order to get approved at Penn Station:
- Fill out the Global Entry application online
- If you’re conditionally approved, you’ll schedule your interview through the GOES system
- Search for United16 to schedule your interview appointment at United’s Ticketing Office in Penn Station
United is offering in-person appointments in Penn Station Mondays through Fridays from 8:00am to 4:00pm. If approved, you’ll be able to add your nine-digit PASS ID number to all of your frequent flyer profiles, giving you both TSA PreCheck and Global Entry access.
As a reminder, there are several credit cards that will give you a fee credit in order to get Global Entry for free. For example, the Platinum Card from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Citi Prestige all come with a Global Entry fee credit, meaning you could get the service for free. If you’re based in or around New York and don’t yet have Global Entry, it could be worth making your way over to Penn Station in the coming weeks to get approved.
H/T: Michael W Travels
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees