This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Citi Prestige
Ever since Global Entry and TSA PreCheck became an option, they’ve saved travelers valuable time at the airport. While you’ll use Global Entry to ease through US immigration upon returning from an international trip, you’ll also automatically receive TSA PreCheck when you sign up. For those who don’t venture abroad as much as traveling domestically, TSA PreCheck can be used at most airports in the country with participating airlines.
Instead of paying the $100 fee for a five-year membership, you can have it refunded via a statement credit with certain credit cards, such as the newly released Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Citi Prestige and the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, among others. On many credit cards, authorized users are also eligible to receive an account statement credit, but it’s best to check the fine print of your card benefits to see if authorized users are eligible. Keep in mind this statement credit doesn’t guarantee you’ll be approved for Global Entry or PreCheck — you’ll still need to interview with a US Customs and Border Protection agent before being approved.
For a complete list of credit cards that can score you free Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, check out this post.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
This is one of the top premium cards out there since you earn 3x on all travel (excluding $300 travel credit) and dining and have access to great perks like a $300 travel credit each cardmember year, 50% more value when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards and you get elite travel benefits like Global Entry application fee rebate, Priority Pass Select and special rental car privileges.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.