This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever since Global Entry and TSA PreCheck became an option, they’ve saved travelers valuable time at the airport. While you’ll use Global Entry to ease through US immigration upon returning from an international trip, you’ll also automatically receive TSA PreCheck when you sign up. For those who don’t venture abroad as much as traveling domestically, TSA PreCheck can be used at most airports in the country with participating airlines.
Instead of paying the $100 fee for a five-year membership, you can have it refunded via a statement credit with certain credit cards, such as the newly released Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Citi Prestige and the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, among others. On many credit cards, authorized users are also eligible to receive an account statement credit, but it’s best to check the fine print of your card benefits to see if authorized users are eligible. Keep in mind this statement credit doesn’t guarantee you’ll be approved for Global Entry or PreCheck — you’ll still need to interview with a US Customs and Border Protection agent before being approved.
For a complete list of credit cards that can score you free Global Entry and TSA PreCheck, check out this post.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards