This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
As you’ve probably heard by now, TSA security checkpoint wait times have been incredibly long in recent weeks — sometimes resulting in waits of two hours or more. It’s even gotten so bad that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has threatened to get rid of the TSA in New York-area airports, replacing the agency with an independent contractor. In addition, American Airlines has called in reinforcements of its own in an effort to help speed up the screening process. So, it’s a better time than ever to sign up for TSA PreCheck.
Not only will you be able to make use of the service when flying large US-based carriers, but the TSA has also announced that it has expanded the service to four new airlines — Aeromexico, Cape Air, Etihad Airways and Seaborne Airlines. With the addition of the four new airlines, there are now 16 carriers that participate in TSA PreCheck. The 16 airlines are: Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American Airlines, Cape Air, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Seaborne Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin America and WestJet.
Keep in mind that several credit cards offer TSA PreCheck and Global Entry for free, such as The Platinum Card from American Express, Citi Prestige and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card. Although you can register for TSA PreCheck independently, you’re best off getting Global Entry as well, as it also comes with TSA PreCheck. Ultimately, this is great news for travelers who will now experience reduced wait times when traveling on flights operated by a larger number of carriers. Hopefully PreCheck continues expanding to more international airlines, creating an even more seamless airport experience.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.