Delta’s New Flight Attendant App Enables Milestone, Status Recognition
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From recognizing mileage milestones to apologies for a recent delay, Delta’s customer service is about to get a lot more personalized. The airline just improved its Guest Service Tool on flight attendants’ “SkyPro devices” to give flight attendants a heads up if they need to congratulate — or apologize — to you.
Delta will mine the data in its systems to compute a “prioritized list of customers to recognize on each domestic flight based on details like Medallion status, achieved milestones, recent flight interruptions and standing as a corporate traveler.” Flight attendants will then be prompted by their on-board “Sky Pro” device to recognize/apologize to a few customers.
After successfully testing the new program in April, Delta is now rolling out the new data-driven solution to all FAs. During the 75-flight test, Delta flight attendants noted less than 1 percents of the recognition events “resulted in a negative customer reaction.” Considering that these interactions are highly personalized and customer-focused, it seems strange that anyone would object to being recognized like this — which makes me wonder if the apology was delivered begrudgingly or to an unreasonable passenger.
One passenger was especially pleased by the experience during the test. After experiencing a “service failure” on his outbound flight, a flight attendant on his return flight four days later apologized for the issue. The passenger wrote to Delta: “I must admit, I was pretty impressed with the customer database progress you guys have made… to deliver the right information to a flight attendant to offer a personal apology.”
We at TPG applaud these improvements by Delta… and wonder why it’s taken this long for an airline to launch such a program. After all, it’s an easy way for the airline to build loyalty or mitigate damage after a misstep or issue.
Interested in learning more? Delta has released this video touting the new changes (caution: flashing images and poor-quality dubstep):
Featured image courtesy of Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees