This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ready to earn some bonus American Airlines miles for your purchases? The airline is offering the opportunity to earn a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles when you make partner purchases until the promo ends on June 15, 2017.
Here’s the exact breakdown — note that you’ll earn more miles as you make purchases with more partners:
- Make purchases from two partners, earn 2,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Make purchases from three partners, earn 5,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
- Make purchases from four partners, earn 10,000 bonus AAdvantage miles
Unlike with some promotions, however, this deal is limited to a select few partners. More specifically, only four are participating, so you’ll need to make a purchase from each of them in order to maximize this promotion. The four partners are:
- Vinesse Wines
- AAdvantage Dining (purchase must be at least $25)
- AAvantage eShopping (purchase must be at least $50)
This offer comes at a pretty good time — graduation season and Mother’s Day fall within the promotion period, and Father’s Day is just a couple days after June 15. Plus, if you have any friends or family members with a birthday during the period, it could be a good opportunity to knock one of these vendors off your list in order to earn the bonus AAdvantage miles.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, which peg AAdvantage miles at 1.4 cents apiece, these 10,000 miles are worth $140. There’s no registration required in order to participate in this promotion, but it could be a good idea to read up on the terms and conditions so you’re sure what exactly is required in order to earn those maximum 10,000 miles.
If you’re new to AAdvantage dining, you can earn 2,000 more miles if you sign up for the program and spend $25 or more on three restaurant visits. And, as always, we recommend making all of your online purchases through an airline shopping portal. So, right off the bat, you could achieve the first tier of this promo and earn 2,000 bonus miles. By rounding out the promotion with a purchase from Vinesse Wines and 1-800-Flowers.com, you could rack up the bonus AAdvantage pretty quickly.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees