This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most airlines have dining rewards programs, and joining can be an easy strategy for earning more points and miles. You may already hold a card that gives you bonus points on dining, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x), but it’s also possible to double-dip by enrolling in an airline’s dining program and paying with your registered card.
Enrolling is easy — just create an account with your preferred program, register your card and you’ll earn points and miles when you eat at participating restaurants. Sign-up bonuses are also available and vary by program.
Right now, the American Airlines AAdvantage Dining program allows you to earn between one and five miles per dollar spent with a bonus of up to 2,000 AAdvantage miles if you dine three times within the first 30 days of joining. The Delta SkyMiles Dining program also allows you to earn between one and five miles per dollar spent with a bonus of 3,000 SkyMiles if you dine three times within the first 30 days of joining. To round out the three major US carriers, the United MileagePlus Dining program allows you to earn between one and five miles per dollar spent with a bonus of up to 1,000 MileagePlus miles if you spend $25 within the first 30 days of joining.
As you may have noticed, these programs are similarly designed, and each of the memberships offer three tiers. In order to reach the top tier and earn five miles per dollar, you’ll have to sign-up to receive emails from the service and have 12 or more qualified transactions within a calendar year. Opting in to emails will get you three miles per dollar and you’ll earn one point per dollar if you don’t add your email. There’s no reason to not earn bonus points and miles when you eat out.
To find participating restaurants, just add in your zip code and click search. Bon appétit!
Featured image courtesy of Dan Dalton via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards