This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
Most airlines have dining rewards programs, and joining can be an easy strategy for earning more points and miles. You may already hold a card that gives you bonus points on dining, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x), but it’s also possible to double-dip by enrolling in an airline’s dining program and paying with your registered card.
Enrolling is easy — just create an account with your preferred program, register your card and you’ll earn points and miles when you eat at participating restaurants. Sign-up bonuses are also available and vary by program.
Right now, the American Airlines AAdvantage Dining program allows you to earn between one and five miles per dollar spent with a bonus of up to 2,000 AAdvantage miles if you dine three times within the first 30 days of joining. The Delta SkyMiles Dining program also allows you to earn between one and five miles per dollar spent with a bonus of 3,000 SkyMiles if you dine three times within the first 30 days of joining. To round out the three major US carriers, the United MileagePlus Dining program allows you to earn between one and five miles per dollar spent with a bonus of up to 1,000 MileagePlus miles if you spend $25 within the first 30 days of joining.
As you may have noticed, these programs are similarly designed, and each of the memberships offer three tiers. In order to reach the top tier and earn five miles per dollar, you’ll have to sign-up to receive emails from the service and have 12 or more qualified transactions within a calendar year. Opting in to emails will get you three miles per dollar and you’ll earn one point per dollar if you don’t add your email. There’s no reason to not earn bonus points and miles when you eat out.
To find participating restaurants, just add in your zip code and click search. Bon appétit!
Featured image courtesy of Dan Dalton via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees