Deal Alert: East and West Coasts to Singapore in Premium Economy From $1,197 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
It’s back! Or perhaps it never left. A few weeks ago we posted about a great deal on premium economy fares from the US to Singapore. Well, if you didn’t grab one of those fares then but still want to visit the Lion City, you’ve got a second chance today. Singapore Airlines is currently offering premium economy seats from New York (JFK), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) starting at just $1,197 round-trip.
Flights are available departing practically every Sunday through Thursday between July and December, and you’ll even find a bit of space in May and June from Los Angeles and Houston. You don’t need any tricks to get these prices, so just use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with Singapore itself.
Singapore Airlines flies nonstop from San Francisco, and the rest of these itineraries generally have one reasonable connection either in Frankfurt (FRA) if you’re departing from New York, or Tokyo (NRT) or Seoul (ICN) if your origin is in the West. There’s no Saturday night or minimum stay requirement on these fares, so you can make your trip as short or long as you’d like. Singapore Airlines is well regarded for its service and comfort — TPG Associate Editor Emily McNutt reviewed the airline’s premium economy product on the A380 last year and found it to be “very spacious and [offering] above-average comfort, especially for a long-haul flight.”
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Route: JFK/IAH/LAX/SFO to Singapore (SIN)
Cost: $1,197+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: July – December (limited space in May and June from LAX and IAH)
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Houston (IAH) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in June via Orbitz:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in August via Orbitz:
New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,198 round-trip in October via Orbitz:
San Francisco to Singapore (SIN) nonstop for $1,397 round-trip at Thanksgiving via Orbitz:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of NanoStockk/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.