Deal Alert: East and West Coasts to Singapore in Premium Economy From $1,197 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
It’s back! Or perhaps it never left. A few weeks ago we posted about a great deal on premium economy fares from the US to Singapore. Well, if you didn’t grab one of those fares then but still want to visit the Lion City, you’ve got a second chance today. Singapore Airlines is currently offering premium economy seats from New York (JFK), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) starting at just $1,197 round-trip.
Flights are available departing practically every Sunday through Thursday between July and December, and you’ll even find a bit of space in May and June from Los Angeles and Houston. You don’t need any tricks to get these prices, so just use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book on Orbitz, Expedia or directly with Singapore itself.
Singapore Airlines flies nonstop from San Francisco, and the rest of these itineraries generally have one reasonable connection either in Frankfurt (FRA) if you’re departing from New York, or Tokyo (NRT) or Seoul (ICN) if your origin is in the West. There’s no Saturday night or minimum stay requirement on these fares, so you can make your trip as short or long as you’d like. Singapore Airlines is well regarded for its service and comfort — TPG Associate Editor Emily McNutt reviewed the airline’s premium economy product on the A380 last year and found it to be “very spacious and [offering] above-average comfort, especially for a long-haul flight.”
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Route: JFK/IAH/LAX/SFO to Singapore (SIN)
Cost: $1,197+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: July – December (limited space in May and June from LAX and IAH)
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Houston (IAH) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in June via Orbitz:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in August via Orbitz:
New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,198 round-trip in October via Orbitz:
San Francisco to Singapore (SIN) nonstop for $1,397 round-trip at Thanksgiving via Orbitz:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of NanoStockk/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees