Deal Alert: US Cities to Singapore in Premium Economy From $1,197 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Singapore is an awesome city to visit. But, there’s no getting around it: it’s a long way away from the US. While flying business or first class on Singapore Airlines will make the time disappear quickly, you might find yourself short of the miles needed to book an award flight after the recent Singapore KrisFlyer devaluation. And, cash fares for these cabins can be astronomical. Enter an exceptional fare for Singapore Airlines’ superior premium economy product. Starting at just $1,197 round-trip, you can fly from any Singapore Airlines US gateway city to Singapore (SIN). Flights are generally available from May through December 2017, but it will depend based on city pair — be sure to do your research on Google Flights to select an itinerary and then click through to book it on Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Route: JFK/IAH/LAX/SFO to Singapore (SIN)
Cost: $1,197+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: May – December 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in July on the Singapore A380:
Houston (IAH) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in June on the Singapore A350:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in May on the Singapore 777:
San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,397 round-trip nonstop in September on the Singapore A350:
Since it’s such a long flight and in a premium cabin, it’s important to consider where you’re going to credit these miles. For the most miles, these Singapore Airlines “P” fares earn 150% when credited to Lufthansa’s Miles & More mileage program. Flying from Houston (IAH), you’re going to be flying over 23,000 miles on Singapore — netting you over 34,500 miles (worth $483 based on current TPG valuations) and Miles & More “Frequent Traveller” status.
Or you can credit these flights to Singapore’s KrisFlyer or Asiana’s Asiana Club program at a 110% rate. For KrisFlyer, the flights from IAH will earn you over 25,300 miles (valued at $380) and KrisFlyer Elite Silver status. On Asiana, you’ll get over 20,000 miles for any routing, earning you Asiana Club Gold status. Or, you can credit these flights to United — or a list of other programs — at 100%.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Marina Bay Sand courtesy of anuchit kamsongmueang via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.