Deal Alert: US Cities to Singapore in Premium Economy From $1,197 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Singapore is an awesome city to visit. But, there’s no getting around it: it’s a long way away from the US. While flying business or first class on Singapore Airlines will make the time disappear quickly, you might find yourself short of the miles needed to book an award flight after the recent Singapore KrisFlyer devaluation. And, cash fares for these cabins can be astronomical. Enter an exceptional fare for Singapore Airlines’ superior premium economy product. Starting at just $1,197 round-trip, you can fly from any Singapore Airlines US gateway city to Singapore (SIN). Flights are generally available from May through December 2017, but it will depend based on city pair — be sure to do your research on Google Flights to select an itinerary and then click through to book it on Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Singapore Airlines
Route: JFK/IAH/LAX/SFO to Singapore (SIN)
Cost: $1,197+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: May – December 2017
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in July on the Singapore A380:
Houston (IAH) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in June on the Singapore A350:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,197 round-trip in May on the Singapore 777:
San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,397 round-trip nonstop in September on the Singapore A350:
Since it’s such a long flight and in a premium cabin, it’s important to consider where you’re going to credit these miles. For the most miles, these Singapore Airlines “P” fares earn 150% when credited to Lufthansa’s Miles & More mileage program. Flying from Houston (IAH), you’re going to be flying over 23,000 miles on Singapore — netting you over 34,500 miles (worth $483 based on current TPG valuations) and Miles & More “Frequent Traveller” status.
Or you can credit these flights to Singapore’s KrisFlyer or Asiana’s Asiana Club program at a 110% rate. For KrisFlyer, the flights from IAH will earn you over 25,300 miles (valued at $380) and KrisFlyer Elite Silver status. On Asiana, you’ll get over 20,000 miles for any routing, earning you Asiana Club Gold status. Or, you can credit these flights to United — or a list of other programs — at 100%.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Marina Bay Sand courtesy of anuchit kamsongmueang via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees