This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Freedom Unlimited , Chase Freedom, Ink Business Cash Credit Card
If you’re a frequent reader of TPG, chances are you’ve probably read how valuable Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be. UR points, which TPG values at 2.1 cents apiece in his most recent valuations, can be earned through everyday spend and sign-up bonuses from cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
But, did you know you can also earn Ultimate Rewards points from other Chase cards, like the cash back-earning Chase Freedom Unlimited, the Chase Freedom and Ink Business Cash? As long as you have an Ultimate Rewards-earning card, such as the Reserve or the Preferred, you can convert your cash back earnings into valuable UR points, which can then be transferred to the program’s 11 partners or redeemed via the Chase Travel Portal.
Because Chase allows you to transfer your points between different credit card accounts, you can transfer the “points” earned from your Freedom or Freedom Unlimited (or other card) to one of your Sapphire accounts. Transfers between accounts are free and instantaneous, and they can be made in any desired amount. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Chase Ultimate Rewards page
2. Hover over the icon at the top of the page where your Ultimate Rewards points are outlined
3. In the dropdown menu, select the “Combine Points” option
4. Select the number of points you want to transfer and to which account
5. Confirm your selection
Voila. Just like that, you’ll have more Ultimate Rewards points to use toward your next redemption.
Read more on why you should get the “Chase Trifecta” here.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees