Tip: You Can Earn Ultimate Rewards Points With Other Chase Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Freedom Unlimited , Chase Freedom, Ink Business Cash Credit Card
If you’re a frequent reader of TPG, chances are you’ve probably read how valuable Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be. UR points, which TPG values at 2.1 cents apiece in his most recent valuations, can be earned through everyday spend and sign-up bonuses from cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
But, did you know you can also earn Ultimate Rewards points from other Chase cards, like the cash back-earning Chase Freedom Unlimited, the Chase Freedom and Ink Business Cash? As long as you have an Ultimate Rewards-earning card, such as the Reserve or the Preferred, you can convert your cash back earnings into valuable UR points, which can then be transferred to the program’s 11 partners or redeemed via the Chase Travel Portal.
Because Chase allows you to transfer your points between different credit card accounts, you can transfer the “points” earned from your Freedom or Freedom Unlimited (or other card) to one of your Sapphire accounts. Transfers between accounts are free and instantaneous, and they can be made in any desired amount. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Chase Ultimate Rewards page
2. Hover over the icon at the top of the page where your Ultimate Rewards points are outlined
3. In the dropdown menu, select the “Combine Points” option
4. Select the number of points you want to transfer and to which account
5. Confirm your selection
Voila. Just like that, you’ll have more Ultimate Rewards points to use toward your next redemption.
Read more on why you should get the “Chase Trifecta” here.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards