Tip: You Can Earn Ultimate Rewards Points With Other Chase Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you’re a frequent reader of TPG, chances are you’ve probably read how valuable Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be. UR points, which TPG values at 2.1 cents apiece in his most recent valuations, can be earned through everyday spend and sign-up bonuses from cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
But, did you know you can also earn Ultimate Rewards points from other Chase cards, like the cash back-earning Chase Freedom Unlimited, the Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) and Ink Business Cash? As long as you have an Ultimate Rewards-earning card, such as the Reserve or the Preferred, you can convert your cash back earnings into valuable UR points, which can then be transferred to the program’s 11 partners or redeemed via the Chase Travel Portal.
Because Chase allows you to transfer your points between different credit card accounts, you can transfer the “points” earned from your Freedom or Freedom Unlimited (or other card) to one of your Sapphire accounts. Transfers between accounts are free and instantaneous, and they can be made in any desired amount. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Chase Ultimate Rewards page
2. Hover over the icon at the top of the page where your Ultimate Rewards points are outlined
3. In the dropdown menu, select the “Combine Points” option
4. Select the number of points you want to transfer and to which account
5. Confirm your selection
Voila. Just like that, you’ll have more Ultimate Rewards points to use toward your next redemption.
Read more on why you should get the “Chase Trifecta” here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees