Tip: You Can Earn Ultimate Rewards Points With Other Chase Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Freedom Unlimited , Chase Freedom, Ink Business Cash Credit Card
If you’re a frequent reader of TPG, chances are you’ve probably read how valuable Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be. UR points, which TPG values at 2.1 cents apiece in his most recent valuations, can be earned through everyday spend and sign-up bonuses from cards like the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
But, did you know you can also earn Ultimate Rewards points from other Chase cards, like the cash back-earning Chase Freedom Unlimited, the Chase Freedom and Ink Business Cash? As long as you have an Ultimate Rewards-earning card, such as the Reserve or the Preferred, you can convert your cash back earnings into valuable UR points, which can then be transferred to the program’s 11 partners or redeemed via the Chase Travel Portal.
Because Chase allows you to transfer your points between different credit card accounts, you can transfer the “points” earned from your Freedom or Freedom Unlimited (or other card) to one of your Sapphire accounts. Transfers between accounts are free and instantaneous, and they can be made in any desired amount. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Chase Ultimate Rewards page
2. Hover over the icon at the top of the page where your Ultimate Rewards points are outlined
3. In the dropdown menu, select the “Combine Points” option
4. Select the number of points you want to transfer and to which account
5. Confirm your selection
Voila. Just like that, you’ll have more Ultimate Rewards points to use toward your next redemption.
Read more on why you should get the “Chase Trifecta” here.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee