Norwegian Announces Its Next Set of Transatlantic Routes, Fares Start at $89 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last month, Norwegian Air announced new routes from the US to several cities in the UK with introductory fares starting at a jaw-dropping $65 one-way. Today, the carrier shared some more new routes that will be operated by its new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft — this time with fares starting at $89 one-way with service to Bergen (BGO).
The new routes operate between BGO and two of the carrier’s new East Coast cities — Newburgh (SWF) and Providence (PVD). Each of these will operate with twice weekly service, on Tuesdays and Saturdays beginning July 1 for PVD and on Sundays and Thursdays beginning July 2 for SWF
These new routes are now available to book on Norwegian’s website. If the carrier’s introductory $65 one-way fares from its previous announcement are any indicator, these might not last long. So, if you’re thinking about taking advantage, it’d be best to jump at the opportunity now rather than later. Keep in mind, however, that Norwegian is a low-cost carrier, meaning you may be charged for some of the things that may be complimentary on other carriers.
During a sample search for these new routes, I was able to find a round-trip ticket between Providence (PVD) and Bergen (BGO) for $195 round-trip in October when booking through the US version of Norwegian’s site. However, when I went to book the same dates on the Norwegian version of the website, I was able to score the same ticket for about $12 less — saving me around 6%. This trick doesn’t always work, but it’s definitely worth checking to see if you can score some extra savings.
As a reminder, these new routes will be operated by the carrier’s new 737 MAX aircraft, which offers 189 economy sets in a 3-3 configuration. Unlike with the carrier’s 787 Dreamliner, which it flies on transatlantic routes from some of its larger markets, the MAX will not feature a Premium cabin.
While maybe not as sweet as the $65 one-way fares offered in its original announcement, these $89 one-way fares are definitely something to get excited about. And from the sound of it, Norwegian plans to continue developing these routes, allowing it to offer travelers some of the lowest fares we’ve ever seen on transatlantic travel.
Featured image of Bergen, Norway courtesy of scanrail via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees