Emirates Adding Free Helicopter Transfers to Monaco for First-Class Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates has had a busy week, to say the least. We found out that the Dubai-based carrier was one of nine airlines subjected to the US security directive, commonly referred to as the electronics ban. Then, we found out that the carrier was the only one of the airlines affected that was planning to allow its travelers to “gate check” their electronics, in an attempt to keep passenger disruptions to a minimum. Now, the carrier is upping the ante in the luxury travel space even more by adding a complimentary helicopter transfer for first class passengers on one of its existing routes to Europe.
Just yesterday, Emirates announced that it was beginning daily A380 service between Nice, France (NCE) and Dubai (DXB), beginning on July 1. The route is currently operated by a Boeing 777-300ER, so the bump represents a capacity increase of 44% on the route. The timing is perfect for the busy summer travel season, and the carrier is taking it a step further by allowing travelers to transit between NCE and Monaco via helicopter.
Emirates is partnering with Monacair, which offers six-minute helicopter rides between Monaco and Nice, so travelers can get from the A380 to the luxe city-state in style (and in very little time). In addition, Emirates will offer passengers a limo service from Monaco’s heliport to their final destination.
Even if you’re not flying in first class, you can get a taste of the good life. Here’s how the cost structure breaks down for the helicopter and limousine service for all Emirates passengers:
- First Class: Complimentary
- Business Class: €79 per passenger (~$85)
- Economy: €109 per passenger (~$118)
This is another example of Emirates constantly trying to provide unique and luxurious experiences for its passengers — it already offers its first and business-class passengers premier chauffeur service. For those not flying in first class, the rates for the helicopter rates actually aren’t that bad. And considering that the drive between Monaco and NCE takes about 30-40 minutes, you could also be saving a decent amount of time.
As mentioned, Emirates will launch A380 service on its existing DXB-NCE route beginning July 1. Here are the details of the service:
- EK77 Dubai (DXB) 8:45am Departure ⇒ Nice (NCE) 1:40pm Arrival
- EK78 Nice (NCE) 3:40pm Departure ⇒ Dubai (DXB) 12:10am (+1) Arrival
Featured image courtesy of Monacair.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.