This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Prestige Card
Citi recently announced in an email communication that as of January 22, 2017, ThankYou points can no longer be transferred to Virgin America. This comes just a day after the Alaska Airlines and Virgin America merger closed, making this somewhat expected, as the Virgin America Elevate program may be phased out — although that’s still up in the air.
Currently, you can transfer ThankYou points to Virgin America Elevate at a 2:1 rate, making it not the most valuable use of your points. With the loss of Virgin America Elevate as a transfer partner, the Citi ThankYou program will soon have 14 transfer partners, with JetBlue TrueBlue being the most recent addition. However, Virgin America is still a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards (2:1 ratio when transferring MR points) and Starwood Preferred Guest (1:1 ratio).
The good news about this announcement from Citi is that there’s plenty of notice. If you’ve got a surplus of ThankYou points in you’re account that you’ve been eyeing for a transfer to Virgin America, your last opportunity to do so is January 21, 2017. You can transfer your points from ThankYou point-earning credit cards, such as the Citi Prestige, which comes with a sign-up bonus of 40,000 points after you spend $4,000 in purchases in the first three months.
Featured image courtesy of Justin Sullivan via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.