Nordstrom Rewards Program No Longer Requires Credit Card!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I don’t limit my points and rewards earning to credit cards and travel loyalty programs – probably like many of you I am a frequent collector of burrito stamps, ice cream punch cards, pedicure discount cards, and other store rewards programs. I mean, if I am a regular customer and the store makes it easy to rack up rewards towards free stuff, then who am I to say no?
One store where I regularly visit, but have always said no to their rewards program was Nordstrom. In order to earn their points you had to have their credit or debit card, and that just didn’t appeal to me for various reasons…though seeing the “bonus points” days I was missing out on did sting a bit. However, they have now updated their program and you can earn Nordstrom reward points without having one of their debit or credit cards! All you really need to earn points towards $20 Nordstrom Notes is a phone number – hurray for easy loyalty programs!
Here are the details on the updated Nordstrom Rewards program from their website:
- Earn one point per dollar you spend in stores and online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and HauteLook.
- No card necessary! You’ll earn points whether paying with cash, check, or a non-Nordstrom credit or debit card.
- For every 2,000 points, you’ll receive a $20 Nordstrom Note that you can spend online or in stores.
- Every time you shop, just provide your mobile number, and we’ll do the rest.
- Join now.
There are still several other higher levels within their program where you earn more points and more rewards if you have their debit or credit card.
Obviously this new addition to the Nordstrom Rewards program isn’t too exciting since it takes 2,000 points to get a $20 Nordstrom Note, but factor in stacking things like bonus points days, sales, and the rewards you earn when you pay with your rewards credit card of choice and it sure doesn’t hurt. Though I find it a little funny that today you can get 6% cash back on your Nordstrom purchase by going through eBates and the Nordstrom Rewards program itself effectively just gives you 1% back in Nordstrom credit…
This addition to the Nordstrom program isn’t life changing for anyone, but certainly worth a mention for anyone who likes Nordstrom sales and customer service like I do. The process to sign-up was very fast and easy and I’m happy to see Nordstrom open up their rewards program to non-Nordstrom card holders like me!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.