Nordstrom Rewards Program No Longer Requires Credit Card!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I don’t limit my points and rewards earning to credit cards and travel loyalty programs – probably like many of you I am a frequent collector of burrito stamps, ice cream punch cards, pedicure discount cards, and other store rewards programs. I mean, if I am a regular customer and the store makes it easy to rack up rewards towards free stuff, then who am I to say no?
One store where I regularly visit, but have always said no to their rewards program was Nordstrom. In order to earn their points you had to have their credit or debit card, and that just didn’t appeal to me for various reasons…though seeing the “bonus points” days I was missing out on did sting a bit. However, they have now updated their program and you can earn Nordstrom reward points without having one of their debit or credit cards! All you really need to earn points towards $20 Nordstrom Notes is a phone number – hurray for easy loyalty programs!
Here are the details on the updated Nordstrom Rewards program from their website:
- Earn one point per dollar you spend in stores and online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and HauteLook.
- No card necessary! You’ll earn points whether paying with cash, check, or a non-Nordstrom credit or debit card.
- For every 2,000 points, you’ll receive a $20 Nordstrom Note that you can spend online or in stores.
- Every time you shop, just provide your mobile number, and we’ll do the rest.
- Join now.
There are still several other higher levels within their program where you earn more points and more rewards if you have their debit or credit card.
Obviously this new addition to the Nordstrom Rewards program isn’t too exciting since it takes 2,000 points to get a $20 Nordstrom Note, but factor in stacking things like bonus points days, sales, and the rewards you earn when you pay with your rewards credit card of choice and it sure doesn’t hurt. Though I find it a little funny that today you can get 6% cash back on your Nordstrom purchase by going through eBates and the Nordstrom Rewards program itself effectively just gives you 1% back in Nordstrom credit…
This addition to the Nordstrom program isn’t life changing for anyone, but certainly worth a mention for anyone who likes Nordstrom sales and customer service like I do. The process to sign-up was very fast and easy and I’m happy to see Nordstrom open up their rewards program to non-Nordstrom card holders like me!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees