Anyone Can Now Sign Up for a Hyatt Diamond Challenge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Remember last year’s Hyatt Diamond Challenge? Ah, those were the days. TPG team member Ryan Gaines completed the challenge, right before Hyatt realized it was giving away the store and put a stop to it. But Hyatt has announced a new Diamond Elite Tier offer, and we’re excited about it.
So, what’s the new challenge? Let’s break it down, first by explaining the regular way to earn Diamond status: Hyatt Gold Passport members can earn Diamond status after 25 eligible stays or 50 eligible nights in a calendar year.
With the new Diamond trial offer, members are able to earn either Platinum or Diamond status. To earn Platinum status, you’ll need to stay 6 nights within 60 days, whereas to earn Diamond status, you’ll need to complete 12 nights within 60 days, but note that unlike in the past, you’ll only be awarded Diamond status after you successfully complete the trial.
To activate the offer, you have to call or email Hyatt Gold Passport and request the “Elite Tier Offer” using offer code ELT15.
An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid, but note that nights at M life resorts will not count toward the challenge. To get this offer, you must register between June 1, 2015, and April 30, 2016. Regardless of when you sign up, you’ll earn Diamond or Platinum status through February 2017.
According to Loyalty Lobby, Cash + Points nights count toward your required nights, so that’s something to take into consideration. Also, note that you earn 1,000 bonus points for the first 6 nights during this offer, with a maximum of 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points. In addition, the 15% Platinum bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when you choose points for your stay.
Once you achieve Diamond status, your perks can include the following (check out this page for caveats):
- Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
- Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge
- Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights
- Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
- Receive a nightly room refresh
- Stay connected with complimentary premium Internet access where available
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
- Enjoy two complimentary one-time-use United Club passes annually
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!