How to Merge Your AAdvantage Accounts Online
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Airlines AAdvantage and US Airways Dividend Miles programs gave ample time and opportunities for people to link their frequent flyer accounts before the US Airways accounts actually migrated to AAdvantage accounts a week or two ago. However, if you are like me, and got too busy or absent minded to do the linking before the accounts were migrated, then your US Airways accounts were simply sent over to American AAdvantage and assigned new AAdvantage numbers.Until now there was no option online to merge AAdvantage and former Dividend Miles accounts online since the US Airways accounts had been moved over, but now that has changed and you can easily merge your two AAdvantage accounts (your original AAdvantage account and your converted US Airways account) online. Of course the names and other pertinent information in the two accounts has to match or they can’t be merged online, but assuming the info lines up, it takes less than a minute and a few clicks of the mouse to help the two accounts become one.
1. Log into the AAdvantage account you wish to keep.
You need to be logged into the AAdvantage account you wish to keep, but make sure to have the other AAdvantage (former US Airways) account number handy as you will need it in a minute. Personally I kept my original AAdvantage account since that is the number I have used for all AAdvantage activity for years.
2. Select the “Merge Accounts” Option.
In your AAdvantage Account Summary there will be an option written in blue to “Merge Accounts”. Select that button while logged into the account you wish to keep.
3. Input the information for the account you want merged into the AAdvantage account you are keeping.
While logged into the AAdvantage account you are keeping, you will enter the AAdvantage account (former US Airways account) that you want merged into your old existing AAdvantage account. Finding that new AAdvantage number should be pretty easy as it will be displayed on AwardWallet.com if you use that site, it was probably emailed to you in late March with the subject line “Welcome to the AAdvantage Program”, and you can simply log in to AAdvantage using your US Airways Dividend Miles number to see the new AAdvantage number that account was assigned. Again, just be sure you are completing the merging from the AAdvantage account you wish to keep.
4. Wait a day or so for the merge to be completed.
If the information in the accounts lined up you will be told via a screen that the merger was successful, as well as be notified via an email to both the account that will be closed/merged and the account that will remain open. The merger itself is not instant, but instead is reported to take about a day. You will be notified again via email when the merger is complete. After that time your miles should all be combined into one account.
You can now use your combined big mileage bonus to book awesome award tickets!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees