RIP Citi American 75,000 Mile Card Bonuses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As of today, 10/10/11, the links for the amazing 75,000 mile Citi AA cards are no longer available. Barring any sort of resurrection, I think this deal is dead (though I’d love to be proven wrong).
Frankly, I’m impressed it lasted as long as it did since they technically expired in February. I walked away with 225,000 AA miles and judging by the 320+ comments on this post, I know many of you did as well, but I wanted to let everyone know in case you were planning on getting one of those cards in the near future.
I think the two other best Citi deals right now are:
50,000 points for the Citi ThankYou Premier. $125 annual fee, waived for the first year. The points cannot be transferred to any airlines, but they are worth 1.33 cents each towards travel rewards, so it’s essentially $665.
or the Citi ThankYou Preferred. No annual fee, but the points are only worth 1 cent a piece, so the sign-up bonus is $500.
Also, the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card isn’t a bad option for a no-fee card: 40,000 points after spending $1,000 within 4 points, 6x points on Hilton, 3x on supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations, and free Hilton Silver status.
Overall, I think Citi needs to up their game a little bit and bump their ThankYou point bonuses to 100,000 since they are less valuable than the transferable points of the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Amex Membership Rewards cards (Platinum, Premier Rewards Gold, etc).
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that