RIP Citi American 75,000 Mile Card Bonuses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As of today, 10/10/11, the links for the amazing 75,000 mile Citi AA cards are no longer available. Barring any sort of resurrection, I think this deal is dead (though I’d love to be proven wrong).
Frankly, I’m impressed it lasted as long as it did since they technically expired in February. I walked away with 225,000 AA miles and judging by the 320+ comments on this post, I know many of you did as well, but I wanted to let everyone know in case you were planning on getting one of those cards in the near future.
I think the two other best Citi deals right now are:
50,000 points for the Citi Premier. $125 annual fee, waived for the first year. The points cannot be transferred to any airlines, but they are worth 1.33 cents each towards travel rewards, so it’s essentially $665.
or the Citi ThankYou Preferred. No annual fee, but the points are only worth 1 cent a piece, so the sign-up bonus is $500.
Also, the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card isn’t a bad option for a no-fee card: 40,000 points after spending $1,000 within 4 points, 6x points on Hilton, 3x on supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations, and free Hilton Silver status.
Overall, I think Citi needs to up their game a little bit and bump their ThankYou point bonuses to 100,000 since they are less valuable than the transferable points of the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Amex Membership Rewards cards (Platinum, Premier Rewards Gold, etc).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees