Get 150,000 AA Miles for Free in 5 Minutes With Citi 75,000 Visa and Amex Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here
For a variety of reasons, I never applied for the mega AA 75k/100k Citi bonuses and once the February 28 deadline ended, I didn’t think much about them. However, after I reeled in 100k for the British Airways bonus, I started thinking more about my Oneworld award strategy and realized I now wanted to get in on the action, even though the 75,000 mile bonus technically expired February 28, 2011. TPG reader Shuji left a comment that they had applied and gotten the 75,000 AA bonus yesterday, which prompted me to read on Flyertalk that you could still get it by applying through this link (update: link no longer works). I then realized you can also get the Citi Amex 75,000 bonus with $4,000 (update 6/16/11 $1,500 spend card is no longer available) in spend by using this link (update: link no longer works) so I applied for both and was approved for the same large credit line on both cards. There is no mention of the bonus on that page, but multiple sources have reported getting it so I was confident enough. I applied, was approved online and then I called to confirm 1-888-201-4523 and used my SSN, phone number and DOB to confirm my information and upon speaking to a rep she confirmed I was qualified for the 75,000 bonus when I hit $1,500 in 6 months. Bingo.
If you want to be absolutely positive that you are getting the 75,000 offer, you can call 1-800-408-4954 and apply for it over the phone. The spend requirement was $4,000 in the first six months. $85 annual fee waived for the first year.
A great deal, considering AA miles can be redeemed for Oneworld flights, including one-way awards as well. These miles will partner nicely with my BA 100k haul!
Tip of the hat to TPG reader Shuji for reminding me this was still active!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that