Get 150,000 AA Miles for Free in 5 Minutes With Citi 75,000 Visa and Amex Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here
For a variety of reasons, I never applied for the mega AA 75k/100k Citi bonuses and once the February 28 deadline ended, I didn’t think much about them. However, after I reeled in 100k for the British Airways bonus, I started thinking more about my Oneworld award strategy and realized I now wanted to get in on the action, even though the 75,000 mile bonus technically expired February 28, 2011. TPG reader Shuji left a comment that they had applied and gotten the 75,000 AA bonus yesterday, which prompted me to read on Flyertalk that you could still get it by applying through this link (update: link no longer works). I then realized you can also get the Citi Amex 75,000 bonus with $4,000 (update 6/16/11 $1,500 spend card is no longer available) in spend by using this link (update: link no longer works) so I applied for both and was approved for the same large credit line on both cards. There is no mention of the bonus on that page, but multiple sources have reported getting it so I was confident enough. I applied, was approved online and then I called to confirm 1-888-201-4523 and used my SSN, phone number and DOB to confirm my information and upon speaking to a rep she confirmed I was qualified for the 75,000 bonus when I hit $1,500 in 6 months. Bingo.
If you want to be absolutely positive that you are getting the 75,000 offer, you can call 1-800-408-4954 and apply for it over the phone. The spend requirement was $4,000 in the first six months. $85 annual fee waived for the first year.
A great deal, considering AA miles can be redeemed for Oneworld flights, including one-way awards as well. These miles will partner nicely with my BA 100k haul!
Tip of the hat to TPG reader Shuji for reminding me this was still active!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees