Get 150,000 AA Miles for Free in 5 Minutes With Citi 75,000 Visa and Amex Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here
For a variety of reasons, I never applied for the mega AA 75k/100k Citi bonuses and once the February 28 deadline ended, I didn’t think much about them. However, after I reeled in 100k for the British Airways bonus, I started thinking more about my Oneworld award strategy and realized I now wanted to get in on the action, even though the 75,000 mile bonus technically expired February 28, 2011. TPG reader Shuji left a comment that they had applied and gotten the 75,000 AA bonus yesterday, which prompted me to read on Flyertalk that you could still get it by applying through this link (update: link no longer works). I then realized you can also get the Citi Amex 75,000 bonus with $4,000 (update 6/16/11 $1,500 spend card is no longer available) in spend by using this link (update: link no longer works) so I applied for both and was approved for the same large credit line on both cards. There is no mention of the bonus on that page, but multiple sources have reported getting it so I was confident enough. I applied, was approved online and then I called to confirm 1-888-201-4523 and used my SSN, phone number and DOB to confirm my information and upon speaking to a rep she confirmed I was qualified for the 75,000 bonus when I hit $1,500 in 6 months. Bingo.
If you want to be absolutely positive that you are getting the 75,000 offer, you can call 1-800-408-4954 and apply for it over the phone. The spend requirement was $4,000 in the first six months. $85 annual fee waived for the first year.
A great deal, considering AA miles can be redeemed for Oneworld flights, including one-way awards as well. These miles will partner nicely with my BA 100k haul!
Tip of the hat to TPG reader Shuji for reminding me this was still active!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards