What Should I Do in Las Vegas?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m currently on a Delta flight in first class (thanks to my Diamond Medallion upgrade clearing 6 days in advance) and will be landing in Vegas in about an hour. And not surprisingly, I haven’t done much planning on what to do. I haven’t been to Vegas since a quick mileage run last December, when Expedia.ca was giving away trips for free! Too bad my blog had a fraction of the readership then, because I imagine many of you would have gotten in on that amazing deal.
Anyway, for my trip I’m meeting up with my friends who live in Spain and several are going to Vegas for the first time, so I want to go to a couple good meals and show them a good time.
I’m staying at the Palazzo, because it’s a new member of Intercontinental Hotels and I’m very curious to see how I’m treated as a Royal Ambassador. I’ve heard through the grapevine that the free mini-bar includes bottles of Moet and Grey Goose. As much as I want to try some of the newer Vegas hotels like the Mandarin Oriental and Cosmopolitan, the Palazzo had me at a possible upgrade, lounge access and free top-shelf booze.
I fully understand it’s going to be unbearably hot and I’ve had a good amount of pool time this summer, so I’m open for ideas of things to do during the day as well. You all know I like good food too, so pile on the recommendations!
I also enjoy playing Texas Hold ‘Em- what’s the best hotel for that?
Sorry for being such a procrastinator, but life’s been busy! What are the best places/restaurants/clubs/random things to do in Vegas on a Monday evening/Tuesday/Wednesday in August?
Expect a full report when I’m done (though follow me on Twitter for live updates), though some things may have to stay in Vegas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.