What Should I Do in Las Vegas?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m currently on a Delta flight in first class (thanks to my Diamond Medallion upgrade clearing 6 days in advance) and will be landing in Vegas in about an hour. And not surprisingly, I haven’t done much planning on what to do. I haven’t been to Vegas since a quick mileage run last December, when Expedia.ca was giving away trips for free! Too bad my blog had a fraction of the readership then, because I imagine many of you would have gotten in on that amazing deal.
Anyway, for my trip I’m meeting up with my friends who live in Spain and several are going to Vegas for the first time, so I want to go to a couple good meals and show them a good time.
I’m staying at the Palazzo, because it’s a new member of Intercontinental Hotels and I’m very curious to see how I’m treated as a Royal Ambassador. I’ve heard through the grapevine that the free mini-bar includes bottles of Moet and Grey Goose. As much as I want to try some of the newer Vegas hotels like the Mandarin Oriental and Cosmopolitan, the Palazzo had me at a possible upgrade, lounge access and free top-shelf booze.
I fully understand it’s going to be unbearably hot and I’ve had a good amount of pool time this summer, so I’m open for ideas of things to do during the day as well. You all know I like good food too, so pile on the recommendations!
I also enjoy playing Texas Hold ‘Em- what’s the best hotel for that?
Sorry for being such a procrastinator, but life’s been busy! What are the best places/restaurants/clubs/random things to do in Vegas on a Monday evening/Tuesday/Wednesday in August?
Expect a full report when I’m done (though follow me on Twitter for live updates), though some things may have to stay in Vegas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees