Final Day for American Express 50% and 25,000 MQM Delta Transfer Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just a friendly reminder that today (May 31, 2011) is the last day to transfer 50,000+ American Express points to Delta in order to get the 50% transfer bonus and 25,000 MQMs.
Is this a good deal? Generally, yes. You won’t see a better transfer bonus. In the past they generally range from 10-40% and only a handful of times do have they ever awarded Medallion Qualifying Miles as well. If you value Delta elite status (domestic upgrades, mileage bonuses, free exit row/premium seats, better customer service), then I would say go for it.
However, if you aren’t familiar with how to use Skymiles (and the quirky online award calendar), then I’d make sure you have an award in mind before transferring. Delta is like no other program in that they have three award tiers – low, medium and high, and the online engine that prices awards is for the most part broken. Piecing together an award can take a lot of time and research, so you’ve been warned! For those who need some help, I put together a couple tips for using their Skymiles.
I have no idea what future transfer bonuses are planned, but I’d be very surprised if they were more lucrative than this one.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees