Amazing American Express Membership Rewards Promotion: 50% Delta Bonus and 25,000 MQMs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Wow. That’s all I can say. American Express normally runs 10-40% transfer bonuses to Delta, but I’ve never seen anything like this. Before you transfer any points, double-check with Delta and American Express that you are eligible for this offer.
“Once you register, you’ll earn a 50% mileage bonus on all the Membership Rewards® points you transfer into your SkyMiles account by December 15, 2010.
And if you transfer 50,000 points or more, you’ll also receive 25,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). That’s enough to give you Medallion status and benefits like waived baggage fees, unlimited upgrades, preferred seating, and more.”
So not only do you get a 50% bonus, which is unusually high, but you also get enough Medallion qualifying miles to get you to Silver elite status- or bump you over a certain threshold if you already have a lot of MQMs. This is a huge amount of elite qualifying miles- for example you’d get that many miles for flying LAX-Sydney roundtrip AND LAX-Tokyo roundtrip. Or to get 30,000 MQMs from the Delta Reserve card, you’d need to pay the annual fee of $450 and then spend $60,000 in a calendar year.
Even if these 25,000 won’t push you over to the next elite level, Delta has rollover, so any miles over your current level, but below the next, will rollover to the next year’s qualification. Its always nice to start the year with a healthy balance of Medallion Qualifying Miles.
If you have an American Express Membership Rewards account, but don’t currently have 50,000 points, American Express will let you take out an advance of up to 15,000 points (not available on corporate cards).
If that’s not enough you can buy points for 2.5 cents each, max of 500,000 points a year.
If you don’t have an American Express card, you can get a Gold Card here that comes with a 25,000 point sign-up bonus when you spend $1,000 in the first three months. Offer expires 11/8/2010.
While I generally don’t recommend Amex to Delta transfers, this offer is too lucrative to pass up!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees