Bring your vacation to Zoom meetings with free travel backgrounds from TPG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most of us are working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. And most of us have meetings on Zoom. So why not have some fun with those hours of meetings, and be reminded of what awaits us when we can travel again?
We’re happy to help you do that by bringing travel right into Zoom.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
We have selected dozens of pictures taken by our staff and other sources to use as Zoom backgrounds. We hope they will help remind you that there’s a world waiting to be discovered, on the other side of this.
You’ll be able to go, virtually, all over the world. A U.S. city, for example Phoenix? The Maldives? An international gateway airport, like Los Angeles, to make you think of the flights that will get you there? We’ve got you covered.
To download the images, you just need to navigate to this Google Drive folder, choose your favorite (or favorites — you can download any or all of them free of charge), and download them to your computer or device.
Then, open your Zoom app’s settings. On the Mac desktop version, it looks like this:
Then select “Virtual Background” and click on the plus sign below your video window. Navigate to the folder where you’ve downloaded your backgrounds, and you’re all set.
You’ll find among those images a generous helping of airplanes, as well as picturesque locations, because we cannot wait to be inside of a commercial jet again — including our favorite, the Airbus A380.
And because we have a penchant for traveling in style, virtually or not, we’ve sprinkled some airline lounges in there too, like United’s beautiful Polaris Lounges.
We can’t wait for you to come travel with us — today on Zoom, and tomorrow in the real world.
Featured photo by The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees