You’ll finally be able to use points for a hotel stay in the Faroe Islands
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers will soon be able to use their Hilton Honors points on a breathtaking stay in the Faroe Islands.
Hilton is set to open a brand new Hilton Garden Inn in the capital of Tórshavn this coming summer. This opening makes Hilton the first international hotel brand in the northern archipelago. Currently, a majority of the accommodation available in the Faroe Islands is locally owned and operated. Hilton noted this and seems to be conscious of its impact on the local economy.
“The arrival of Hilton Garden Inn to the Faroe Islands is an important example of how careful tourism development can help create a sustainable destination which can be enjoyed by international visitors for generations to come.” said Patrick Fitzgibbon, SVP of Development for the Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The property itself offers endless sea views and its location allows for easy access to the harbor and Tórshavn city center. The property is not yet bookable, but Hilton shared that the property is set to open during summer 2020.
Tórshavn is the capital of the Faroe Islands, but it’s not quite like any other capital in the world. In fact, it’s probably one of the most quaint capitals you’ll ever visit. And to me, that sounds amazing. Just take a look for yourself.
Beyond the city limits, the islands offer unbelievable views and landscapes. To me, the Faroe Islands seem like the perfect combination of Iceland and Norway. Many of those who have visited for themselves have said that the island is incredibly easy to get around on as long as you rent a car.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Faroe Islands (@faroeislands) on
Why is this opening such exciting news? Well, it makes a vacation to the Faroe Islands both more affordable as well as rewarding. Though many people assume the islands are super remote and hard to get to, they’re not that remote.
The 18 islands are located about halfway between Iceland and Norway, and just 200 miles north of Scotland. There’s only a handful of direct routes from destinations including Copenhagen, Paris, Reykjavik, Edinburgh and Bergen. Though seasonally, you can snag direct flights from Barcelona, the Canary Islands, Mallorca, Crete and Malta. Either way, you can typically get to the Faroe Islands from North America with just one stopover.
Based on Google Flights data, those traveling from New York City area airports can generally snag a round-trip ticket for $600 or less. There’s also a lot of options to take an extended layover in destinations such as Reykjavik and Copenhagen.
Featured photo courtesy of Hilton Hotels and Resorts.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees