You can take a virtual 3D tour inside the world’s densest Airbus A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Curious about what it’s like to step inside the plane of a long-haul budget airline? If so, you’re in luck. French discounter French Bee is giving you the chance.
The Paris-based low-cost carrier says it’s now the first airline to offer a 3D “virtual tour” of an Airbus A350 aircraft. The airline partnered with California-based start-up Matterport to put together the experience, which allows viewers to check out French Bee’s tightly-packed A350 widebodies. At 411 seats, they are the densest-capacity A350s in service. Delta, by comparison, puts 306 seats into the same airplane.
“From the cabin to the cockpit, the 376 economy class seats and 35 premium class seats materialize before the eyes of travelers, travel agents and aviation specialists,” French Bee and Matterport said in a statement.
The tour lets visitors wind their way from the A350’s cockpit back through the cabin, where they can check out French Bee’s 2-3-2 “Premium” cabin and 3-4-3 coach section. Viewers can wander all the way back to the aft galley.
“I am very proud of this partnership, which considerably enriches the way we present and promote our offer to travelers, who are eager for new consumer experiences and the most complete transparency on products,” Sophie Hocquez, French Bee’s Commercial Director, said in a statement. “We now have at our disposal a unique ‘something extra’ of which, we are convinced, will make a difference.”
From the U.S. French Bee offers nonstop service from San Francisco (SFO) to both Paris Orly (ORY) and the Papeete airport in the French Polynesia territory of Tahiti. Next summer, French Bee plans to add another U.S. route between Newark Liberty (EWR) and Paris Orly.
Featured photo by JT Genter/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.