You can take a virtual 3D tour inside the world’s densest Airbus A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Curious about what it’s like to step inside the plane of a long-haul budget airline? If so, you’re in luck. French discounter French Bee is giving you the chance.
The Paris-based low-cost carrier says it’s now the first airline to offer a 3D “virtual tour” of an Airbus A350 aircraft. The airline partnered with California-based start-up Matterport to put together the experience, which allows viewers to check out French Bee’s tightly-packed A350 widebodies. At 411 seats, they are the densest-capacity A350s in service. Delta, by comparison, puts 306 seats into the same airplane.
“From the cabin to the cockpit, the 376 economy class seats and 35 premium class seats materialize before the eyes of travelers, travel agents and aviation specialists,” French Bee and Matterport said in a statement.
The tour lets visitors wind their way from the A350’s cockpit back through the cabin, where they can check out French Bee’s 2-3-2 “Premium” cabin and 3-4-3 coach section. Viewers can wander all the way back to the aft galley.
“I am very proud of this partnership, which considerably enriches the way we present and promote our offer to travelers, who are eager for new consumer experiences and the most complete transparency on products,” Sophie Hocquez, French Bee’s Commercial Director, said in a statement. “We now have at our disposal a unique ‘something extra’ of which, we are convinced, will make a difference.”
From the U.S. French Bee offers nonstop service from San Francisco (SFO) to both Paris Orly (ORY) and the Papeete airport in the French Polynesia territory of Tahiti. Next summer, French Bee plans to add another U.S. route between Newark Liberty (EWR) and Paris Orly.
Featured photo by JT Genter/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees