Woman Misses Flight, Breaks Onto Tarmac to Chase Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Running late and potentially missing a flight can cause passengers to pull some crazy acts.
Just ask this woman who missed her plane departing Bali on Sunday.
The woman showed up late for her flight with Citilink, a low-cost Indonesian carrier, heading from Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) to Jakarta (CGK). She the proceeded to chase after the plane on the tarmac. Channel News Asia reported that the woman, identified as Hana, checked in for her Citilink flight QG193 at 6:27am and was told boarding started at 6:50am.
An airport spokesperson told a local news outlet that Hana did not show up, despite having been called four times for boarding. The spokesperson said that 10 minutes before the plane was scheduled to take off, Hana broke through security at the boarding gate and ran onto the tarmac.
A video of the sprint posted on social media shows Citilink crew members trying to hold Hana back before she falls to the ground.
Dapet dari IG orang. Kejadian di Denpasar. Ibu ini telat boarding & menerobos boarding gate berusaha mengejar pesawat. Kebayang nggak apa yang terjadi seandainya kedua petugas gagal menghentikan si ibu itu? ??♂️ pic.twitter.com/WxvmTy55NV
— Mas Goen | IG: @goenrock (@goenrock) November 18, 2018
The airport spokesperson confirmed that Hana arrived safely in Jakarta after the airline put her on another flight at 4:40pm the same day.
Over the summer, another passenger upset that he was about to miss his flight decided to take drastic measures. The man, who was from Ohio, called in fake bomb threats to delay his United flight heading to Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). The stunt landed him a four-month prison sentence.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees