Woman Misses Flight, Breaks Onto Tarmac to Chase Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Running late and potentially missing a flight can cause passengers to pull some crazy acts.
Just ask this woman who missed her plane departing Bali on Sunday.
The woman showed up late for her flight with Citilink, a low-cost Indonesian carrier, heading from Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) to Jakarta (CGK). She the proceeded to chase after the plane on the tarmac. Channel News Asia reported that the woman, identified as Hana, checked in for her Citilink flight QG193 at 6:27am and was told boarding started at 6:50am.
An airport spokesperson told a local news outlet that Hana did not show up, despite having been called four times for boarding. The spokesperson said that 10 minutes before the plane was scheduled to take off, Hana broke through security at the boarding gate and ran onto the tarmac.
A video of the sprint posted on social media shows Citilink crew members trying to hold Hana back before she falls to the ground.
Dapet dari IG orang. Kejadian di Denpasar. Ibu ini telat boarding & menerobos boarding gate berusaha mengejar pesawat. Kebayang nggak apa yang terjadi seandainya kedua petugas gagal menghentikan si ibu itu? 🤦🏻♂️ pic.twitter.com/WxvmTy55NV
— Mas Goen | IG: @goenrock (@goenrock) November 18, 2018
The airport spokesperson confirmed that Hana arrived safely in Jakarta after the airline put her on another flight at 4:40pm the same day.
Over the summer, another passenger upset that he was about to miss his flight decided to take drastic measures. The man, who was from Ohio, called in fake bomb threats to delay his United flight heading to Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). The stunt landed him a four-month prison sentence.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.