Virgin extends expiry date for some Flying Club miles by 6 months
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Any Flying Club member with miles due to expire between April and September 2020 will now be extended by a full six months, a Virgin Atlantic spokesperson confirmed to TPG.
This is in line with what some other major airlines around the world are doing to protect the miles as well as the elite status of valued customers at a time when travel and spending miles isn’t possible.
Related reading: How to stop your points and miles from expiring
Under normal circumstances, it only takes one single transaction — either earning or spending — to stop Flying Club miles from expiring for a further three years. However, with this extension, you won’t need to complete eligible transaction in order to keep those from expiring if they were set to do so between April and September. If you’re sitting on a stack of miles, here are some options for you to consider.
In early March, Virgin Atlantic announced that it was extending elite status for those with Flying Club Silver or Gold status by six months.
Earlier this week, the airline announced its optimistic summer 2021 schedule, for which tickets go on sale on Saturday.
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.