You can now access these 5 Virgin Clubhouses with your Amex Platinum
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
Cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express have access to one of the most robust lounge networks in the world, thanks to the American Express Global Lounge Collection.
Your card acts as a golden ticket for entry to Amex Centurion lounges, Priority Pass Select lounges, Escape lounges, Delta Sky Clubs (when flying on a same-day Delta ticket) and more. Enrollment is required for select benefits.
But if you’ve been finding waitlists and long lines at the Centurion lounges or are left unimpressed with the other lounge options, you’re not alone.
Fortunately, there are even better lounges for you to enjoy — if you know where to look.
Now, Amex Platinum and Business Platinum cardholders can access select Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse locations, most of which are in the U.S.:
- Johannesburg, South Africa (JNB).
- New York (JFK).
- Newark (EWR).
- San Francisco (SFO).
- Washington D.C. (IAD).
There’s also a Clubhouse in Boston (BOS) — though it’s temporarily closed.
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses are arguably one of the finest lounges within the U.S., as you can find a complimentary, à la carte menu to order tapas and a great assortment of alcoholic (and nonalcoholic) beverages.
Here are the current hours and locations for each Virgin Clubhouse:
To enter, you’ll need to present your Amex card, confirmed boarding pass for same-day travel and a government-issued ID to enter the Clubhouse, and you can bring one guest, plus children under 2 can enter free of charge — until the guest policy changes in early 2023.
Virgin Atlantic handed over management of its Clubhouses outside of the United Kingdom to independent lounge operator Plaza Premium in 2021. Since Platinum cardholders already have access Plaza Premium lounges, it doesn’t come as too big of a surprise that they can now enter these locations — but is still an exciting new option worth exploring on your next trip.
Official application link: Amex Platinum with a 100,000-point welcome offer after spending $6,000 in the first six months of card membership.
Official application link: Amex Business Platinum with a 120,000-point welcome offer after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases in the first three months of card membership.
Featured photo by Zach Honig for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees