You can now access the Virgin Clubhouse at JFK with your Amex Platinum card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express have access to one of the most robust lounge networks in the world, thanks to the American Express Global Lounge Collection.
Located above boarding gates A4 and A5, the Clubhouse is arguably one of the finest lounges within the U.S., thanks to its complimentary à la carte menu, where you’ll find tapas and a great assortment of alcoholic (and nonalcoholic) beverages.
The amenities go above and beyond at the Clubhouse, as guests are even entitled to a free 15-minute treatment (so take your pick from a chair massage to a quick hairstyling service).
For now, the hours that Platinum cardholders can enter the Virgin Clubhouse are quite limited — from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m., daily. But remember you’ll also have access to the Centurion lounge and the Delta Sky Club (if you’re flying with Delta that day), both of which are also located in Terminal 4.
You’ll need to present your Amex card, confirmed boarding pass for same-day travel and a government-issued ID to enter the Clubhouse, and you can bring one guest, plus children under 2 can enter free of charge — for now.
Virgin Atlantic handed over management of its Clubhouses outside of the United Kingdom to independent lounge operator Plaza Premium earlier this year. The location at JFK reopened in mid-July after being closed for over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since Platinum cardholders can access Plaza Premium lounges, it doesn’t come as too big of a surprise that they can now enter the Virgin Clubhouse at JFK. Hopefully, they’ll expand the hours so that cardholders can fully have three fantastic lounge options to choose from when flying through Terminal 4.
Official application link: Amex Platinum with a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $6,000 in the first six months of card membership.
Official application link: Amex Business Platinum with a 120,000-point welcome bonus after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases in the first three months of account opening.
Featured photo by Zach Honig for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees