Virgin Atlantic Reveals Its Second A350 Destination: Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic just revealed the second destination to get the airline’s brand new Airbus A350-1000 aircraft: Los Angeles.
The first of 12 new aircraft arrived in London this weekend ahead of its first revenue flight to New York in September. By the end of the year, the plan is to have taken delivery of a total of four swanky new A350s, complete with a long-awaited refresh of Virgin’s Upper Class product — the Upper Class Suite.
Virgin also announced this week that there will be up to four daily A350 flights on the coveted London (LHR) to New York (JFK) route.
The airline appears to have a focus on the USA for the deployment of its A350s, perhaps as these routes are where there is most competition with British Airways. We will have reviews of the new biz-class suite as soon as it enters service; for now, we have a comparison of Virgin’s new product versus the new biz class rolled out by British Airways, based on what we we know at this point.
In a press release, the only clue as to the initial start date of the Los Angeles (LAX) route was given as “next year”, so we will have to sit tight for more information.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.