Virgin Atlantic Reveals Its Second A350 Destination: Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic just revealed the second destination to get the airline’s brand new Airbus A350-1000 aircraft: Los Angeles.
The first of 12 new aircraft arrived in London this weekend ahead of its first revenue flight to New York in September. By the end of the year, the plan is to have taken delivery of a total of four swanky new A350s, complete with a long-awaited refresh of Virgin’s Upper Class product — the Upper Class Suite.
Virgin also announced this week that there will be up to four daily A350 flights on the coveted London (LHR) to New York (JFK) route.
The airline appears to have a focus on the USA for the deployment of its A350s, perhaps as these routes are where there is most competition with British Airways. We will have reviews of the new biz-class suite as soon as it enters service; for now, we have a comparison of Virgin’s new product versus the new biz class rolled out by British Airways, based on what we we know at this point.
In a press release, the only clue as to the initial start date of the Los Angeles (LAX) route was given as “next year”, so we will have to sit tight for more information.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees