Virgin Atlantic Reveals Its Second A350 Destination: Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic just revealed the second destination to get the airline’s brand new Airbus A350-1000 aircraft: Los Angeles.
The first of 12 new aircraft arrived in London this weekend ahead of its first revenue flight to New York in September. By the end of the year, the plan is to have taken delivery of a total of four swanky new A350s, complete with a long-awaited refresh of Virgin’s Upper Class product — the Upper Class Suite.
Virgin also announced this week that there will be up to four daily A350 flights on the coveted London (LHR) to New York (JFK) route.
The airline appears to have a focus on the USA for the deployment of its A350s, perhaps as these routes are where there is most competition with British Airways. We will have reviews of the new biz-class suite as soon as it enters service; for now, we have a comparison of Virgin’s new product versus the new biz class rolled out by British Airways, based on what we we know at this point.
In a press release, the only clue as to the initial start date of the Los Angeles (LAX) route was given as “next year”, so we will have to sit tight for more information.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee