Virgin Atlantic Reveals Its Second A350 Destination: Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic just revealed the second destination to get the airline’s brand new Airbus A350-1000 aircraft: Los Angeles.
The first of 12 new aircraft arrived in London this weekend ahead of its first revenue flight to New York in September. By the end of the year, the plan is to have taken delivery of a total of four swanky new A350s, complete with a long-awaited refresh of Virgin’s Upper Class product — the Upper Class Suite.
Virgin also announced this week that there will be up to four daily A350 flights on the coveted London (LHR) to New York (JFK) route.
The airline appears to have a focus on the USA for the deployment of its A350s, perhaps as these routes are where there is most competition with British Airways. We will have reviews of the new biz-class suite as soon as it enters service; for now, we have a comparison of Virgin’s new product versus the new biz class rolled out by British Airways, based on what we we know at this point.
In a press release, the only clue as to the initial start date of the Los Angeles (LAX) route was given as “next year”, so we will have to sit tight for more information.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.