Video: Boeing 737 MAXes Overflow Into Employee Parking Lot
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you wondered where all of Boeing’s 737 MAXes have gone since being grounded in March? Aerial footage from King 5 News in Seattle shows that for at least for some of them, the answer is the parking lot.
As the jet manufacturer waits for FAA recertification for its single aisle plane, Boeing is being forced to find space dozens of MAXes fresh off of the assembly line, unable to be delivered. In the video, they can be seen packed wing to wing at Boeing’s facilities in Renton, Washington. The planes sit in varying stages of readiness, some in full airline livery for China Southern, American Airlines and a number of other international carriers; other jets are still awaiting paint jobs.
Some of the aircraft, including some painted in the livery of leisure carrier TUI, appear to be sitting alongside passenger cars in the employee lots at the factory.
“We are using resources across the Boeing enterprise during the pause in 737 MAX deliveries, including our facilities in Puget Sound, Boeing San Antonio and at Moses Lake,” Boeing spokesman Paul Bergman told USA Today.
It’s uncertain when MAX aircraft will return to the skies, but some airlines have already began adding the plane to their schedules as soon as September. Still, until the FAA clears the MAX for flight, they may continue taking up parking spots.
Featured Photo of the Boeing assembly plant in Renton, Washington, pictured before the groundings in 2018 by Alberto Riva, TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.