Video: Boeing 737 MAXes Overflow Into Employee Parking Lot
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you wondered where all of Boeing’s 737 MAXes have gone since being grounded in March? Aerial footage from King 5 News in Seattle shows that for at least for some of them, the answer is the parking lot.
As the jet manufacturer waits for FAA recertification for its single aisle plane, Boeing is being forced to find space dozens of MAXes fresh off of the assembly line, unable to be delivered. In the video, they can be seen packed wing to wing at Boeing’s facilities in Renton, Washington. The planes sit in varying stages of readiness, some in full airline livery for China Southern, American Airlines and a number of other international carriers; other jets are still awaiting paint jobs.
Some of the aircraft, including some painted in the livery of leisure carrier TUI, appear to be sitting alongside passenger cars in the employee lots at the factory.
“We are using resources across the Boeing enterprise during the pause in 737 MAX deliveries, including our facilities in Puget Sound, Boeing San Antonio and at Moses Lake,” Boeing spokesman Paul Bergman told USA Today.
It’s uncertain when MAX aircraft will return to the skies, but some airlines have already began adding the plane to their schedules as soon as September. Still, until the FAA clears the MAX for flight, they may continue taking up parking spots.
Featured Photo of the Boeing assembly plant in Renton, Washington, pictured before the groundings in 2018 by Alberto Riva, TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees