United Airlines unveils first wide-body with its new blue swoop
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines has painted its first wide-body jet, a Boeing 767-300ER, in the updated livery it unveiled in April.
The 767, registration N676UA, is the latest aircraft to wear the new look that already adorns a number of narrow-body aircraft in the Chicago-based carrier’s fleet. That includes Airbus A319s, Boeing 737s, Bombardier CRJ550s and Embraer E175s. United plans to repaint the entire fleet in about seven years, or by 2026.
United’s updated globe livery utilizes shades of blue and gray, while dropping the gold that it inherited from Continental Airlines when the carriers merged in 2010. The look also embraces the swoop below the windows that first adorned the Boeing 787 in 2012.
New look, who dis – our first widebody aircraft, a 767-300, in our new livery. pic.twitter.com/tA08PLwJ6p
— United Airlines (@united) November 12, 2019
“It is the biggest canvas that we have to symbolize and summarize who we are about connecting people and uniting the world,” United CEO Oscar Munoz said in April.
Wide-body Boeing 777s and 787s painted in United’s new livery are expected to join the 767 in the coming months. Photos of the 777-300ER and 787-10 with the new look visible on their tails have circulated on social media.
The first 767 wearing United’s new look re-entered passenger service on Tuesday, operating flight UA676 from Newark Liberty (EWR) to Houston Intercontinental (IAH), according to the website Flightaware. The jet is scheduled to fly to São Paulo Guarulhos (GRU) and Washington Dulles (IAD) through Thursday.
Featured image courtesy of United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.