Uber Is Offering Free Rides to the Polls for Election Day
In the spirit of democracy, Uber has decided to join Lyft in offering free rides to voters on Election Day.
“With the 2018 elections around the corner, many organizations and companies across the country are going the extra mile to support our democratic process,” said Dara Khosrowshahi, Uber’s CEO, in a statement on Uber’s site. “At Uber, we want to do our part, too — by helping voters register and get to the polls on Election Day.”
For this new promotion, Uber will be partnering with #VoteTogether and Democracy Works. So, on Election Day, which is taking place on Nov. 6, Uber is adding a “Go to the Polls” button on its app. The temporary feature will allow anyone in the US to travel to their nearest polling location and cast their vote, free of charge.
Uber has also partnered with When We All Vote to simplify the voter registration process prior to Election Day. So if you have yet to register, this is your chance. Throughout the next few weeks, Uber will be providing registration resources to customers through the app. The company will also be hosting voter registration drives in 125 US Greenlight Hub locations around the country, providing customers with more resources to register.
Have you registered? To find which hub is located near you, visit uber.com/drive.
Featured image by Ali Balikci/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.