Uber Is Offering Free Rides to the Polls for Election Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In the spirit of democracy, Uber has decided to join Lyft in offering free rides to voters on Election Day.
“With the 2018 elections around the corner, many organizations and companies across the country are going the extra mile to support our democratic process,” said Dara Khosrowshahi, Uber’s CEO, in a statement on Uber’s site. “At Uber, we want to do our part, too — by helping voters register and get to the polls on Election Day.”
For this new promotion, Uber will be partnering with #VoteTogether and Democracy Works. So, on Election Day, which is taking place on Nov. 6, Uber is adding a “Go to the Polls” button on its app. The temporary feature will allow anyone in the US to travel to their nearest polling location and cast their vote, free of charge.
Uber has also partnered with When We All Vote to simplify the voter registration process prior to Election Day. So if you have yet to register, this is your chance. Throughout the next few weeks, Uber will be providing registration resources to customers through the app. The company will also be hosting voter registration drives in 125 US Greenlight Hub locations around the country, providing customers with more resources to register.
Have you registered? To find which hub is located near you, visit uber.com/drive.
Featured image by Ali Balikci/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.