Hungry for miles? Earn up to 10x Aeroplan miles on your next Uber Eats order
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today, Air Canada’s Aeroplan loyalty program announced a new partnership with Uber Eats, Uber’s food delivery service. Through June 15, 2020, Aeroplan members in the U.S. and Canada will earn 10 Aeroplan miles per dollar spent on Uber Eats orders after clicking through the Uber Eats page on the Aeroplan eStore. After June 15th, members will continue to earn at least 1 Aeroplan miles per dollar on all orders.
Based on TPG’s latest Aeroplan valuation of 1.5 cents per mile, the promotional 10 miles per dollar spent equals a 15% return on all food delivery orders. This is an excellent deal, especially since these miles are earned in addition to points and miles earned with your rewards credit card.
Better yet, this promotion isn’t limited to new Uber Eats members and there’s no limit on how many miles you’ll earn. That said, the miles will take six to eight weeks to hit your Aeroplan account and you won’t earn miles when buying Uber Eats gift cards.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
How to earn Aeroplan miles with Uber Eats
Using Aeroplan’s Uber Eats page is simple — just head to aeroplan.com/UberEats before you place an order with Uber Eats. Click the “Yes, shop now” button at the center of your screen, enter your Aeroplan number and last name and you’ll be redirected to Uber Eats.
Once in the Uber Eats app, you can place your order as usual — just be sure to place you order within two hours of clicking through the link on the Aeroplan website.
Earning even more points with a credit card
You can earn even more points and miles on your Uber Eats purchases when you pay with a credit card that earns bonus points at restaurants. While many of these cards don’t explicitly include food delivery apps in the restaurant bonus category, our team has earned bonus points with Uber Eats, Grubhub and other delivery services in the past.
Here’s a look at some of the best cards to use for Uber Eats and their respective welcome bonuses:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: You can earn 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you make $4,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of account opening. Plus, earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery purchases in the first year of account opening. You’ll earn 2x points on all travel and dining purchases.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: You can earn 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you make $4,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of account opening. You’ll earn 3x points on all travel and dining purchases.
- American Express® Gold Card: You can earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $4,000 on your new card in your first six months of card membership. You’ll earn 4x points per dollar at restaurants worldwide, 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 per calendar year; then 1x), 3x on airfare booked directly with the airline and 1x everywhere else.
You may be able to combine this benefit with the monthly $15 Uber Cash offered with The Platinum Card® from American Express too. The promotion’s terms state that you won’t earn Aeroplan miles “in any combination with other Uber coupons or promotions”, but it doesn’t state if Uber Cash is considered a coupon or promotion.
We’ve reached out to Uber Eats for clarification and will update this story when we hear back.
It’s great to see Aeroplan offering its members more ways to earn miles while many travelers are grounded due to the coronavirus outbreak. We highly recommend taking advantage of this promotion whenever you order from Uber Eats — it’s an easy way to earn miles, and there’s no added cost of going through the Aeroplan portal.
Feature photo by viewimage/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.