A helicopter might be your best bet to get to Manhattan from JFK this holiday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We know you know this, but getting from New York John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) to Manhattan can be a headache and a half. Between the traffic and cost of transportation, it’s safe to say that your journey isn’t exactly over when the plane lands.
We’re seeing reports, though, that could take some of the stress out of that situation. It appears as if Uber Copter is currently running a 50% off promotion. Prices for the helicopters into midtown Manhattan seem to be about $50 more than a standard Uber X, and only $70 than a Pool.
The Uber Copter option is part of a holiday promo available Monday – Friday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. You can also book it up to five days in advance.
The ride-hailing app launched helicopter service to all customers back in October.
Uber Copter is the first large-scale deployment of the ride-hailing giant’s Uber Air program, which one day hopes to bring eVTOLs — or more simply, flying cars — to a city near you.
However, your Uber Copter experience doesn’t just include the flight itself, but is an entire multimodal journey involving Uber cars on both ends of the trip. Uber’s intent is to provide an end-to-end experience that gets you from the airport terminal, onto a helicopter and to your doorstep with just a click.
In order to make sure you’re getting the most out of your Uber rides — in the air or on the ground — you’ll want to make sure you’re using the right credit card for each ride. Check out this handy guide for everything you need to know.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.