Private Company Doing PreCheck Enrollments Lets Members Skip Lines At Concerts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since 2013, TSA PreCheck has been a godsend for frequent travelers. However, recently, TSA PreCheck has been coming in clutch for more than just one type of person who wants to skip the wait. You can now sign up for TSA PreCheck, and use it to beat the line, at a variety of select events throughout the US, including music festivals, sporting events and more.
Currently, the most common way people enroll for TSA PreCheck is either at an airport or a universal enrollment center operated by Identogo by Idemia, a company that manages TSA PreCheck enrollment under a government contract. Yet, in a recent effort to promote more sign-ups, Idemia has been moving PreCheck options to some unorthodox locations.
Charles Carroll, senior vice president at Idemia, told USA Today that expansion began a few years ago, when the company opened mobile enrollment centers at festivals in a collaboration with concert promoter LiveNation. Concert-goers at several events (including BottleRock Napa Valley music festival in northern California and CMA Fest in Nashville, Tennessee and many, many more) now have the option to queue in the fast-pass line by signing up for TSA PreCheck. And it can take less than 10 minutes to enroll, the company says.
Signing up at one of the mobile enrollment centers offers more than just the chance to use the short line at the airport — these passes are also usable at the events themselves. So, after enrolling, customers can keep their shoes on and their liquids in their bags while they wait in a shortened “fast-pass” lane at whatever event they’re attending. PreCheck status will also allow them to use the “fast pass” lane at future events as long as you bring along your known traveler number (KTN).
Idemia also opened enrollment centers in Staples stores throughout the US and set up camp at Fenway Park to lure any interested Boston Red Sox fans. This fall, concert-goers can look forward to signing up for TSA PreCheck at Moon River Festival in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Music Midtown in Atlanta and Voodoo Music and Arts Experience in New Orleans. Just remember — if you plan on enrolling, bring your passport.
Angie Hamblen, senior manager of marketing and event promotions for Idemia, said to USA Today that since the company has opened the mobile enrollment centers in different locations, the familiarity with what PreCheck is has also grown. “Now it’s, ‘How do I do this? How do I sign up?”’ said Hamblen.
Featured image by Joe Raedle/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees