You’ll Soon Be Able to Enroll in TSA PreCheck at Staples
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Signing up for TSA Precheck is about to get a little easier. Staples has announced they will be teaming up with IDEMIA to open TSA Precheck enrollment centers at Staples retail locations throughout the country.
Staples will bring IdentoGO, which offers TSA PreCheck enrollment, to 50 Staples locations this summer. Staples stores in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York and Seattle metro areas will be among the first to install IdentoGO.
Similar to Global Entry, TSA PreCheck allows travelers to get through airport security quickly. Flyers don’t need to remove their shoes, can keep liquids and laptops in their bags and aren’t required need to take off their belts or light jackets. On top of just being efficient, TSA PreCheck lines are usually way shorter than the standard security line. In fact the TSA says that in March 2018 93% passengers in a PreCheck line waited under five minutes to get through security.
PreCheck requires an in-person interview, so the new program could save enrollees serious time because the majority of enrollment centers are located at airports or federal government buildings. Remember, if you’ve registered for Global Entry, you’ll automatically be signed up for PreCheck.
PreCheck has expanded quite a bit over the last few years and is now available at more than 200 US airports. It costs $85 to enroll in the program for five years, but a slew of credit cards offer statement credits when paying for PreCheck or Global Entry.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive an up to $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees