You’ll Soon Be Able to Enroll in TSA PreCheck at Staples
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Signing up for TSA Precheck is about to get a little easier. Staples has announced they will be teaming up with IDEMIA to open TSA Precheck enrollment centers at Staples retail locations throughout the country.
Staples will bring IdentoGO, which offers TSA PreCheck enrollment, to 50 Staples locations this summer. Staples stores in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York and Seattle metro areas will be among the first to install IdentoGO.
Similar to Global Entry, TSA PreCheck allows travelers to get through airport security quickly. Flyers don’t need to remove their shoes, can keep liquids and laptops in their bags and aren’t required need to take off their belts or light jackets. On top of just being efficient, TSA PreCheck lines are usually way shorter than the standard security line. In fact the TSA says that in March 2018 93% passengers in a PreCheck line waited under five minutes to get through security.
PreCheck requires an in-person interview, so the new program could save enrollees serious time because the majority of enrollment centers are located at airports or federal government buildings. Remember, if you’ve registered for Global Entry, you’ll automatically be signed up for PreCheck.
PreCheck has expanded quite a bit over the last few years and is now available at more than 200 US airports. It costs $85 to enroll in the program for five years, but a slew of credit cards offer statement credits when paying for PreCheck or Global Entry.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Aside from the 120,000-point welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more (up to a cap amount), earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive an up to $200 annual airline fee credit each calendar year (enrollment required).
- Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Earn 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else. Cap applies.
- Unlock over $1,000 in value per year for statement credits on select purchases with your Card, including up to $400 with Dell Technologies, up to $360 with Indeed, up to $150 with Adobe and up to $120 on wireless telephone purchases. Enrollment required.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- Access to more than 1,300 airport lounges across 140 countries and counting with The American Express Global Lounge Collection®. More lounge options than any other credit card on the market as of 8/2020.
- $595 Annual Fee ($695 if application is received on or after 01/13/2022).
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees