Earn a 25% Citi ThankYou Points Bonus on Transfers to Qantas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have a stash of Citi ThankYou points and are looking for a great way to use them, you’re in luck. Right now, you can transfer Citi ThankYou points to Qantas and receive at 25% bonus on the transfer — meaning that the normal transfer rate of 1:1 will now net you 1:1.25.
While Qantas might not be an airline you fly regularly, it’s important to remember that Qantas is a member of the OneWorld alliance. That means your Qantas points can be used to book reward travel on airlines such as American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines and even Emirates. This option opens up a huge selection of airlines and reward opportunities.
Qantas also allows you to use reward points for seat upgrades as well as hotel stays, and even combine points and cash in its online shopping portal, giving you even more options to find maximum value for your points.
If you’re ready to make the transfer, log into to your Citi ThankYou account. This bonus on transfers will end on April 13.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Scott Barbour/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.